Author Topic: Very slow battles  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Napoleon XIX (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • N
Very slow battles
« on: June 30, 2011, 07:39:48 AM »
I'm about to start firing my first missiles in anger at a pair of precursor ships.  Unfortunately, however, there are about 5 million km between the theoretical and actual firing range, thanks to their ECM.  This means that I am not able to do any increment time longer than 5s as, every 5s it tells me that my fighters have locked onto the enemy, but cannot yet fire due to the ECM.

Is there any way to make it such that I don't have to waste a large quantity of time waiting for the fighters to get into range in 5s increments?

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Very slow battles
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 08:05:05 AM »
I'm about to start firing my first missiles in anger at a pair of precursor ships.  Unfortunately, however, there are about 5 million km between the theoretical and actual firing range, thanks to their ECM.  This means that I am not able to do any increment time longer than 5s as, every 5s it tells me that my fighters have locked onto the enemy, but cannot yet fire due to the ECM.

Is there any way to make it such that I don't have to waste a large quantity of time waiting for the fighters to get into range in 5s increments?
Hit the "Cease Fire" button.  This will stop them trying to fire.  Then move to the range that the message tells you the fire control will work, and hit "Open Fire".  (All this on the combat control (targetting icon on top of F3) of course).

John

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 08:06:28 AM »
When that happens I normally just hit the cease fire, then jump the time forward in large then smaller chunks till I do get in range and the re-order the open fire command.

Offline Napoleon XIX (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 08:15:46 AM »
Ah, thank you.