Author Topic: Old jumpgates  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
Old jumpgates
« on: October 15, 2015, 09:13:31 AM »
In my current game I came across a system where there was an existing gate on a JP. This is a totally new system for me and has zero npr interaction (I can be certain of this due to the initial game setup). While doing a grav survey a new JP turned up and it was already boxed with a gate, upon passing through this the other side also had a gate. No other JP in either of the two gate systems have any other gates, and both systems have zero life presence of either standard NPR, ruins, or spoiler stuff.

Is this some random bug I should report or does the game sometimes throw you something interesting like this, thus I should stuff Mr Crusher in the first available pod to take an extended examination of this ancient relic in space?

Offline Gyrfalcon

• Bug Moderators
  • Commander
  • G
Re: Old jumpgates
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 09:18:43 AM »
As far as I know, this is a feature - a remnant of the precursors that provide some of the robotic 'friends' you can make while exploring deep space.

Offline Sematary

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 12:35:25 PM »
Its a feature of the game. The idea is the current generation of space fairing nations are not the first.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 06:35:43 PM »
It's good, though one wonders why the ancients only dropped a few jump gates around, my NPR friends have gated every point I've explored, and those "incommunicatable" aliens I found near a wormhole find the gates extremely useful. I believe they're currently paying a visit to a chinese colony somewhere.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Din182

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 10:45:45 PM »
I believe the reason there's only a few jumpgates left is due to general decay and damage. Which reminds me, are jumpgates still indestructible?
Invader Fleet #13090 has notified Fleet Command that it intendeds to Unload Trade Goods at Earth!

Offline Gyrfalcon

• Bug Moderators
  • Commander
  • G
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 01:51:56 AM »
Yes, there's still no way to damage or remove them.

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 02:38:39 AM »
I'm fairly sure they can be removed using SM in the system graphic view (F9 screen)