Author Topic: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 84480 times)

Offline Sloshmonger

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
Re: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2011, 10:51:32 AM »
yup got the same 3021 error messages msyelf

Just a question: Do you delete the "Space Race" game on installing a new version?
I get that error sometimes when i do, and never (so far) when i don't.

Offline user-unknown

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2011, 01:57:01 PM »
I believe I've found a minor bug in the colony cost formula.   I found a moon of Sirius B I with the following atmospheric composition. 

Ammonia (F) 82%
Nitrogen 17.  6%
Neon 0.  36%
Total Pressure is .  1
Gravity is .  73
Temperature is -42.  8

Using the default human race. 

Anyway, the problem is that although the moon has an unbreathable atmosphere (which is indicated on the system view), the colony cost is 1.90, which is equal to the temperature cost, when it should be 2.0 on account of the unbreathable atmosphere; there isn't any oxygen.   If the ammonia was gaseous, the colony cost would also be set to 2 because of the toxicity.   I'm guessing the program is disregarding the toxic gas since it's frozen (as it should), but then doesn't do a follow up check for oxygen content, so it just becomes the temperature cost. 

I've got a database to send if you need it. 

Possibly dumb question - have you researched the reduced colonisation cost 5% tech?

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2011, 02:41:02 PM »
research the technology that reduces colony costs that should fix it

Offline Ashery

• A
Re: 5.51 BUGS
« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2011, 04:48:28 PM »
Edit: What the hell...I just went to check the message history to see exactly how many times the error occurred and I'm looking at the message history for an entirely different game. It should be noted that the messages that display at the bottom of the system map are correct, but the ones under "Events" are not.

Not sure how the hell it happened, but Aurora somehow loaded my other game sometime after the errors were processed and my system map got updated. Refreshing my galaxy map gave me an error (Forgot to take the number) and showed a lone Sol system instead of the 20-30 systems I had explored up to that point. I didn't know for sure what was going on at the moment of the refresh, but when I looked at the main Aurora window, it displayed "Playground," the name of my SM testing campaign.

Offline Karlito

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2011, 09:37:21 PM »
Quote from: user-unknown link=topic=3895. msg38725#msg38725 date=1314039421
Possibly dumb question - have you researched the reduced colonisation cost 5% tech?

D'oh! I have indeed.  Totally forgot about that.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #185 on: August 23, 2011, 06:24:29 PM »
This is a bizarre workaround/fix for the UpdateGameLog continual errors.

I applied the 5.50 patch. Renamed Aurora.exe to Aurora550.exe.
Applied the 5.51 patch. Renamed Aurora.exe to Aurora551.exe.
Applied the 5.52 patch. Renamed Aurora.exe to Aurora552.exe.

All three launch the game.

Offline Ashery

• A
« Reply #186 on: August 26, 2011, 12:25:19 AM »
My commercial yards are producing everything at a rate of 200, regardless of its size.   It does still seem to be improved by tech and leader bonuses.

Man, this bit is beginning to bug the hell out of me.

A simple tug is going to take nearly seven damn years to finish at my current rate (525). Can't wait to see how long my asteroid miners take to finish...

Ah well, at least it makes the decision to not expand beyond a capacity of 68000 tons easy.

Funny thing is, though, that the only way to get an ABR of half your modified racial is for the class size to be 0.

Offline deoved

• d
« Reply #187 on: August 26, 2011, 05:45:27 AM »
Man, this bit is beginning to bug the hell out of me.

A simple tug is going to take nearly seven damn years to finish at my current rate (525). Can't wait to see how long my asteroid miners take to finish...

Ah well, at least it makes the decision to not expand beyond a capacity of 68000 tons easy.

Funny thing is, though, that the only way to get an ABR of half your modified racial is for the class size to be 0.

Also building rate did not adjust to ship tonnage. 5000 tonn mediana do not work for commercial shipyards... >:(

Offline Thibaut

• T
« Reply #188 on: August 26, 2011, 09:59:35 AM »
it's possible to mitigate this quite a bit by building the ship components with your factories before, especially the engines

Offline deoved

• d
« Reply #189 on: August 28, 2011, 06:00:41 AM »
it's possible to mitigate this quite a bit by building the ship components with your factories before, especially the engines

I do not tried that before. How can i assemble ship then?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #190 on: August 28, 2011, 07:56:32 AM »
To use your factories to speed ship building up you need to do a couple of things.  One is that the parts that you want to use on your ships need to be at the same colony as the ship will be built at.  To actually build the parts you need to switch your industry to building ship components.  This is on the pulldown in the industry tab top left.  Once you select the component to build it is just like any other industry project.  I usually will build the engines large sensors, fire control and large weapon systems like tripple or quad weapon turrets.  When you start a ship building project the computer will see how many components are available and add them to the ship.  It will then calculate the cost remaining and build points remaining and that is what you will need to wait on finishing.  This does mean that if you have 1/2 the cost of the ship in components ready then the build time will be 1/2 as long.

Brian

Offline Halconnen

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • H
« Reply #191 on: August 28, 2011, 04:27:57 PM »
Hello, hello. 

Completely new player here.   I'm using German Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and as such did the decimal fix and also added the MSSTDFMT.  DLL to get the game to work, but I still have one issue. 

In the F4 menu, if I change Leader Type, select any rank with leaders in it, or select a Leader directly by clicking on him/her, I get the following error:

"Error in grdCommanders_Selchange
Error 3061 was generated by DAO.  Database
Too few parameters.   Expected 1. 
Please report to hxxp: aurora2.  pentarch.  org/viewforum.  php=11"

When I OK that message, I then get an endless amount of one of two error messages, either:
Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Objektvariable oder With-Blockvariable nicht festgelegt (German, roughly translates to "Object variable or With-Block variable not defined"

or
Error 3420 was generated by DAO.  Recordset
Object invalid or no longer set

I am not sure why I sometimes get the second and sometimes the third error message after closing the first.   I can reliably reproduce this on the example game included with the download, as well as own games I start.   In one case, I seem to have damaged my game to the point I get those error popups right after reselecting the game, rendering the save broken.   In either case, the endless errors force me to forcefully close the game. 

Makes me sad, I don't want to play this game without using my leaders.   D:

EDIT: This also pops up when opening the "Ships" window.  D:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 07:01:41 PM by Halconnen »

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2011, 05:33:20 AM »
Willkommen mensch:)

Welcome guys..

it's funny show how many ppl coming into Steve's Hellgate ..:D

Offline deoved

• d
« Reply #193 on: August 29, 2011, 06:15:48 AM »
To use your factories to speed ship building up you need to do a couple of things.  One is that the parts that you want to use on your ships need to be at the same colony as the ship will be built at.  To actually build the parts you need to switch your industry to building ship components.  This is on the pulldown in the industry tab top left.  Once you select the component to build it is just like any other industry project.  I usually will build the engines large sensors, fire control and large weapon systems like tripple or quad weapon turrets.  When you start a ship building project the computer will see how many components are available and add them to the ship.  It will then calculate the cost remaining and build points remaining and that is what you will need to wait on finishing.  This does mean that if you have 1/2 the cost of the ship in components ready then the build time will be 1/2 as long.

Brian

Thanks Brian, it will help. But what about refitting, it will work there?

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #194 on: August 29, 2011, 06:16:13 AM »
Hello, hello. 

Completely new player here.   I'm using German Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and as such did the decimal fix and also added the MSSTDFMT.  DLL to get the game to work, but I still have one issue. 

In the F4 menu, if I change Leader Type, select any rank with leaders in it, or select a Leader directly by clicking on him/her, I get the following error:

Error 3061 was generated by DAO.  Database
Too few parameters.   Expected 1. 

When I OK that message, I then get an endless amount of one of two error messages, either:
Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Objektvariable oder With-Blockvariable nicht festgelegt (German, roughly translates to "Object variable or With-Block variable not defined"

or
Error 3420 was generated by DAO.  Recordset
Object invalid or no longer set

I am not sure why I sometimes get the second and sometimes the third error message after closing the first.   I can reliably reproduce this on the example game included with the download, as well as own games I start.   In one case, I seem to have damaged my game to the point I get those error popups right after reselecting the game, rendering the save broken.   In either case, the endless errors force me to forcefully close the game. 

Makes me sad, I don't want to play this game without using my leaders.   D:

EDIT: This also pops up when opening the "Ships" window.  D:

still playing have come across these bugs as well dont want to overpost might upset the grammar ####s around here.  But whenever they are fixed will look forward to 5.53 or whatever comes next