Author Topic: Semi-Official 6.x Suggestion Thread  (Read 109141 times)

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
Re: Semi-Official 6.x Suggestion Thread
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2013, 04:18:42 AM »
In the Galaxy Map, known one-way jump gates are not highlighted.  As they are of strategic importance, perhaps such gates could be highlighted at just one end?  I would suggest the end that has a gate, as an out-facing gate would be visually connected to the controlling player's system, while an in-facing gate would be visually disconnected, emphasizing foreign advantage.

[edit]
A way to change an Alien race's fleet icon in the Galaxy Map would be nice as well.  Swarm getting the Enterprise A is ironic, to say the least.  ;)
[/edit]
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:24:22 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2013, 04:12:05 PM »
Forgiving ANY "boring" realistic otpions.

Combat, NPR less buggy, more 4-Core efficiency in "running Aurora"..

More playability.
Not "Ocean Deep" and "Lost situations".

P-L-A-Y-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y

End.

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2013, 08:02:18 PM »
Allow Civilian fleets to use Conventional Engines.  This would allow effective early colonization for Conventional start.

/Yes, I've moved infrastructure to 3 promising worlds with a conventional freighter by year 5, and can't afford to build a colonizer due to Mercassium shortage.  TN tech is expected in just over 10 years.  I was banking on a Small L0 popping about 2 years ago.

For the record, the only 'cheating' I did was swap out the starting Naval shipyard for the equivalent Civ shipyard so I could build my freighter.

On a related note, ships (and missiles?) do not lead their targets when navigating.  This means a slow Conventional powered ship can get stuck chasing an inner planet because it can't catch it, and isn't smart enough to go the other way.  It could also prevent slower ships and missiles from intercepting faster targets that would otherwise be reachable.

Offline Shipright

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2013, 09:32:53 PM »
It would be nice to have a small initially available ground unit that simulates a small landing team for role playing purposes.  I spend the first few years of a conventional start sending small space craft to Mars and beyond (just an engine and a requireds) to role play the first manned missions to solar bodies.  It would be cool to have a size 100 GU called "explorers" or "away team" to simulate/role play these historic firsts or later in the game missions to the surface of planets.  No real stats, just a role playing I was there sort of thing, you could actually have an assigned officer be the first to set foot on the Mars.   

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2013, 09:58:42 PM »
It would be nice to have a small initially available ground unit that simulates a small landing team for role playing purposes.  I spend the first few years of a conventional start sending small space craft to Mars and beyond (just an engine and a requireds) to role play the first manned missions to solar bodies.  It would be cool to have a size 100 GU called "explorers" or "away team" to simulate/role play these historic firsts or later in the game missions to the surface of planets.  No real stats, just a role playing I was there sort of thing, you could actually have an assigned officer be the first to set foot on the Mars.   
That is exactly how I used my GeoSurvey Team.  True, I was hoping they might actually do a survey, but the RP worked nicely.

Offline Shipright

• S
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2013, 10:47:43 PM »
Yeah that works sort of but since they are 250 in size there is no way to do it in the early game and its still cumbersome as hell in the late game at that size. 

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2013, 11:42:21 PM »
Yeah that works sort of but since they are 250 in size there is no way to do it in the early game and its still cumbersome as hell in the late game at that size. 
Geology Survey team, not Construction Brigade.  No size, and any ship can transport them.

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2013, 12:54:46 AM »
A central screen to manage teams.
Specifically:
-List all teams, # members, score, and current location.
-A dropdown box listing ships/colony at current location to transfer to.
-A button to disband the team (with confirmation).

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2013, 02:44:11 AM »
A central screen to manage teams.
Specifically:
-List all teams, # members, score, and current location.
-A dropdown box listing ships/colony at current location to transfer to.
-A button to disband the team (with confirmation).

Isn't this already all on the team tab of the economics screen?

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2013, 10:48:33 AM »
Isn't this already all on the team tab of the economics screen?
F2 Economics only works for teams on planets, and you must find the correct planet.
F6 Ships only works for teams on ships, and you must find the correct ship.  Even knowing the correct ship doesn't help if they are on a civilian ship.
F4 Commanders only works if you know who is on the team.  Searching by bonus helps, but it can still take a while.

There is no way to list all teams together, their status, and their locations.  This makes it very easy to misplace them.

Offline Shipright

• S
« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2013, 06:11:07 PM »
Quote from: SpikeTheHobbitMage link=topic=5896. msg63496#msg63496 date=1371616941
Geology Survey team, not Construction Brigade.   No size, and any ship can transport them.

Ah, got it thanks!

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2013, 01:55:22 PM »
Would be good to see drones as an option to fighters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/23276968

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2013, 04:46:41 AM »
Retaining deceased officers until the turn after their death would be nice. Too often I've seen 'has died in an accident' and find myself frustrated that I can't review their accomplishments and accolades in life.

Offline Darkminion

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2013, 03:20:57 PM »
Quote from: Conscript Gary link=topic=5896. msg64056#msg64056 date=1373622401
Retaining deceased officers until the turn after their death would be nice.  Too often I've seen 'has died in an accident' and find myself frustrated that I can't review their accomplishments and accolades in life.

This or something akin to the memorial in Xcom.  I always rename commanders after friends and try to include them in decision making processes in my games.  Also with the tonnage "Sunk" stat being added it would be nice to go over their achievements in life.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2013, 01:04:49 AM »
In the Galaxy Map, known one-way jump gates are not highlighted.  As they are of strategic importance, perhaps such gates could be highlighted at just one end?  I would suggest the end that has a gate, as an out-facing gate would be visually connected to the controlling player's system, while an in-facing gate would be visually disconnected, emphasizing foreign advantage.

I support this. The (maybe) easy thing to do would be to use the routine you had in Starfire Assistant for closed warp points.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany