Author Topic: Semi-Official 6.x Suggestion Thread  (Read 109085 times)

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
Re: Semi-Official 6.x Suggestion Thread
« Reply #240 on: December 29, 2013, 09:00:36 PM »
Or you can use Alt-F3 (I think) to display it again.

CTRL+F3.

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #241 on: December 31, 2013, 12:34:36 PM »
I'm at work, and don't have Aurora installed on the work machine, and there is no pic on the wiki.

But... On the system screen (F9), when renaming a system can we have it either be text box as current, or randomly select from a theme?

Offline jRides

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • j
« Reply #242 on: January 04, 2014, 03:07:36 PM »
Increase the Political Bonus effect with certain government types, like for Tyranny its doubled for example.

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #243 on: January 20, 2014, 09:11:31 AM »
when you start a new campaign, every officer is 21. I feel like the head of the children's crusade. Any way to stagger their ages.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #244 on: January 20, 2014, 11:56:36 AM »
when you start a new campaign, every officer is 21. I feel like the head of the children's crusade. Any way to stagger their ages.

Manually being able to edit all the leader properties and bonuses using SM mode would be a god-sent for my RP campaigns! :)

Offline Gidoran

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #245 on: January 22, 2014, 06:30:05 PM »

Could have it set up at the start of a new campaign where if an officer is generated at a rank greater than one, it has a range applied to its age in terms of bonus years. So an O2 would be 21+(1 to 4) years of age, so on so forth. I know in Java it's relatively simple to do random number generation for stuff like this, but I have no clue what the specifics would be for Aurora. Just a thought on possible implementation.
"Orbital bombardment solves a myriad of issues permanently. This is sometimes undesirable."
- Secretary General Orlov of the Triumvirate of Venus

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #246 on: January 22, 2014, 11:34:45 PM »
I like it, that's a great idea and it reminds me of Darkland's system where character creation ages your character as you add more skill.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #247 on: January 25, 2014, 02:18:25 PM »
A total for the resource would be a nice feature in the geological survey report.

Offline Shuul

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #248 on: January 30, 2014, 06:39:09 AM »
Hi, i found spinal mounts for lasers a nice additon in 6. 30.  But can you please make also spinal mounts for Particel beams as well, this does makes sense and it would increase veriety of weapones used (lets face it, laser are the most popular).
Itll be cool that with advanced spinal mount PB will reach maximum firing distance for beam weapons.

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #249 on: January 30, 2014, 07:27:10 AM »
A somewhat serious suggestion. Can we have some planet destroying weapons? You know, like the Death Star's superlaser :p

I'm not asking them to be combat worthy, perhaps even just plain useless or impractical. Like, I don't know, something needing 80000 tons of space, short ranged, and using 5000 energy. Something that would truly require a stupid amount of resources to build, and that would be worthless in combat and so brought in only after you completely smash the oppositions.

The reason for this suggestion is that I want some ways to RP the complete annihilation of an enemy NPR. I find that being forced to conquer them all is NO fun at all. Surely I should be able to kill the evil, nasty, enraged aliens who never wanted to talk with me right? Why MUST I be forced to conquer them?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #250 on: January 30, 2014, 07:42:31 AM »
Blanketing their homeworld with radioactive dust isn't enough for you?
Build a 20 million ton terraformer and suck all the air out of their world and replace it with flourine if you want.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #251 on: January 30, 2014, 08:44:38 AM »
Blanketing their homeworld with radioactive dust isn't enough for you?

I have never conquered an enemy colony myself, but I did read that ground troops was the only reliable way to handle an enemy worlds. if a few thousands missile also works, that's fine :P

Build a 20 million ton terraformer and suck all the air out of their world and replace it with flourine if you want.

The aliens can build infrastructure.....

Offline Hydrofoil

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #252 on: January 30, 2014, 12:55:58 PM »
Might i suggest some work be put into compensating for Game slowdown. Such as trying to implement some functions that use OO language modules that allow for multi threading? VB as i learnt it was only a semi OO language but ive read that it can be used in conjunction with OO Languages or vice verse it helps with dealing with legacy systems built before the likes of Java and C++ became popular.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #253 on: January 30, 2014, 01:42:50 PM »
Might i suggest some work be put into compensating for Game slowdown. Such as trying to implement some functions that use OO language modules that allow for multi threading? VB as i learnt it was only a semi OO language but ive read that it can be used in conjunction with OO Languages or vice verse it helps with dealing with legacy systems built before the likes of Java and C++ became popular.

A bit of searching would have revealed that this is in the works, just don't expect it anytime soon.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #254 on: January 30, 2014, 05:51:45 PM »
A somewhat serious suggestion. Can we have some planet destroying weapons? You know, like the Death Star's superlaser :p
Perhaps more doable is having an asteroid destroying weapon, or have a certain spoiler race "eat" asteroids.

...For the purpose of speeding up the game of course.