Author Topic: galactic map problem  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Thiosk (OP)

• Commodore
galactic map problem
« on: September 20, 2011, 03:38:13 AM »
In a previous thread, I mentioned my intention to mess with warp points.  I did so, and nothing bad happened.  HOWEVER, opening the galactic map vomited out a bunch of errors today... and now the game can't bring up the map.  I isolated the offending system... Gleise 212... (it only threw the error when it was displayed on the screen) and identified that it had a link to an NN system drawn on the map, but the system information window (f9) did not show any link between those systems.

Lo!  I say.  I know what I'll do, I'll just break all the links to those systems!  GENIUS, RIGHT?

Now i've made it worse-- the same error comes up drawing any links to any systems, and I have to click through dozens of errors before it goes away.  Then I can't scroll or otherwise manipulate the map at all or it redraws everything, throwing all the errors again.   As near as I can tell, the AI has uncovered hundreds of systems, making the average 5 day cycle take forEVERRRRRRRR... but I power on.  For the glory of the imperium.

If anyone is a genius at fixing this sort of thing, I've attached a dropbox link under the spoiler: http://db.tt/yUCVhJP