Author Topic: Trade Access  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Jumpp (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • J
Trade Access
« on: November 27, 2012, 11:43:23 PM »
There's a system with two NPRs in it, the Sheridans and the Ivanovas.  The Sheridans have granted me trade access and the Ivanovas have not.

My civilian lines are sending ships in.  Are these ships going to upset the Ivanovas?  If so, is there any way to get the traders to not go in until the Ivanovas have also granted trade access?

Offline HaliRyan

• Lt. Commander
  • H
Re: Trade Access
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 11:19:54 AM »
Your civilian ships shouldn't upset anyone, just be sure the Ivanovas truly consider you a neutral entity and aren't just waiting for an opportunity to shoot you!

I'm not sure if you can technically stop them from visiting the system, but you can (in the System View window) select the various colonies of the Sheridans in the system and click the Ban Body button on each of them. That should accomplish the same thing by ordering your civs not visit those planets/moons. Just be warned that the occasional enterprising captain may ignore it and try to make a trade run anyway.

Offline Jumpp (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 11:39:15 AM »
Well, the civilian ships visited the system several times.  It turns out I misunderstood what I was seeing.

I thought the Sheridans and the Ivanovas were both native to that system.  It turns out that the Sheridans are from the next system over.  What I thought was the Sheridan homeworld was the Ivanova homeworld, occupied by the Sheridans.  What I thought was the Ivanova homeworld was just some minor colony on a habitable world.

So I thought I was coming in to conquer two small races who'd beaten each other senseless, rendering them both easy pickings.  Turns out I instead stole a meal from a predator of unknown size and I've got an actual fight on my hands.

This is pretty awesome.  I love the limited information.

Offline strych90

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 12:12:46 PM »
^^ sounds fun
Gotta love the randomness of Aurora and the different situations it throws together.