Author Topic: uninvited guest?  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
uninvited guest?
« on: October 12, 2010, 10:27:51 AM »
Hi,

I was thinking of some actions, will it bothers the neutral alien which is my neighbor (I prefer not, I'm a grain of sand compared to him, power wise):

a) if I put some colons on a planet he possesses (a new one though), will he takes that badly?

b) if I send a xeno team to explore a ruin on a planet he has, what will it do? Will he find that annoying?

About ruins, I'm unsure about how it works? Should I first send a xeno team, and then engineers? Both at the same time?

Offline Eagle_eye

• Leading Rate
  • E
Re: uninvited guest?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 11:35:54 AM »
just having ships in his system, let alone ground forces and colonies will definitely aggravate him.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 12:23:17 PM »
As for the ruins the sequence of events is
1.)  Have a xeno team on the planet.  It will take some time for them to evaluate the find and translate the language.
2.)  Once the xeno team is done then the engineers can begin work recovering things from the ruins.  Even if you have the engineers there before the xeno team is done they won't do anything untill then.

A side note is that while on the planet the engineer's are also equal to 1 construction factory per brigade.  Set them to building something you need, it will not make any difference on the archeology work.

Brian

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 02:47:00 AM »
Hi,

I was thinking of some actions, will it bothers the neutral alien which is my neighbor (I prefer not, I'm a grain of sand compared to him, power wise):

a) if I put some colons on a planet he possesses (a new one though), will he takes that badly?

Yes.

b) if I send a xeno team to explore a ruin on a planet he has, what will it do?

Function normally.

Will he find that annoying?

Yes - since you can't do it without first creating a colony there.

About ruins, I'm unsure about how it works? Should I first send a xeno team, and then engineers? Both at the same time?

Engineering Brigades can't start their jobs until the Xeno team has finished its, though they can function as Construction Facilities while waiting.  Doing both at the same time is a bug, and should be considered an exploit.