Author Topic: Fighter maintenance  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Jetman123 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
Fighter maintenance
« on: December 22, 2010, 05:28:55 PM »
My fighters have maintenance clocks that are getting up there in years. I've tried to overhaul them, but it doesn't seem to work. Does the maintenance clock affect fighters? Can I reset their clocks at all, or do I just need to build replacement fighters?

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
Re: Fighter maintenance
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 05:32:11 PM »
Fighter can not be overhauled.

Fighter can not have repairs done to their hull armour.

With Fighter you need to keep them in hanger at all times, so the clock does not increase.

I do not think their is a way to scrap fighters, so I destroy them and salvage them.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 12:58:09 AM »
Fighter can not be overhauled.

Fighter can not have repairs done to their hull armour.

With Fighter you need to keep them in hanger at all times, so the clock does not increase.

I do not think their is a way to scrap fighters, so I destroy them and salvage them.

the latest version of Aurora (5.20) allows you to scrap fighters.
Welchbloke

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 03:31:28 AM »
do have a link to how?

I would like to know this

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 06:27:28 AM »
the latest version of Aurora (5.20) allows you to scrap fighters.

Scrapping is supposed to be in v5.3. 

Repairs are supposed to function in v5.2 when the fighter is in a hanger and the mothership has supplies, excepting armor.  I've yet to fiture out how.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 09:53:33 AM »

Repairs are supposed to function in v5.2 when the fighter is in a hanger and the mothership has supplies, excepting armor.  I've yet to fiture out how.
My bad, I thought it was in 5.20  :o
Welchbloke

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 01:47:42 AM »

Use the Damage Control tab on the Individual Unit Details window for the fighter that you wish to repair - if its docked it will take the required maint from the mothership (if avalaible) if not, or there are insufficient supplies on the mothership it will use its own maint supplies (if any).
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 06:05:25 AM »
Use the Damage Control tab on the Individual Unit Details window for the fighter that you wish to repair - if its docked it will take the required maint from the mothership (if avalaible) if not, or there are insufficient supplies on the mothership it will use its own maint supplies (if any).

Did that, got multiple insufficient maint supplies errors.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 05:24:33 AM »
What were you repairing and how much maint did you have left on the MS - I have used this successfully in my immediately previous campaign after I had left some fighters unassigned too long and they suffered maint failures in orbit of the homeworld, which were then repaired aboard the Fighter barges (Carriers with no engines) which I have orbiting major planets.  I also did something similar with combat damage with one of my Carrier groups.

I'm fairly sure this was 5.20 - definitely no earlier than 5.04.  Unfortunately  this was the interesting campaign that went "futt.." due to DB corruption just after I posted an unbelievably large system (1.5LY IIRC) in the forums so I cant verify the version

Edit - jusr checked that post - it was 15 LY (eek!)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 05:29:26 AM by ZimRathbone »
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 09:37:44 AM »
Mostly size 1 box launchers and the carrier had nearly 2000 msp's. 

There is one thing I've thought of but not done anything to verify, I have no engineering on the fighters much less damage control.  I'm thinking that Steve has the code built to supplement a ships damage control from the mothership if there are not enough onboard for the repair. 

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 03:17:34 PM »
Could be - I pretty much always have some engineering section on all ftrs - never use Damage control sections though
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 08:22:22 AM »
Minor update.  Fighter repair in mothership hanger appears to be working for ships.  Were I was having an issue was PDC hanger, I haven't revisited this specific scenario though.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 02:56:17 PM »
Minor update.  Fighter repair in mothership hanger appears to be working for ships.  Were I was having an issue was PDC hanger, I haven't revisited this specific scenario though.

Figured out the PDC issue.  PDC's aren't allowed to have engineering spaces.  Without those you can't have any maintenance supplies available for damage control repairs.  Having Damage Control and/or maintenance storage bays are ignored.