Author Topic: What does JG mean on the system jump points tab?  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Foolcow (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • F
What does JG mean on the system jump points tab?
« on: January 26, 2011, 02:59:26 PM »
On the F9 screen when i go to the jump points tab, one of the listed jump points has JG next to the name, in parentheses.   What does this mean?

It looks like it might stand for "Jump Gate", but I haven't built a Jump Gate there; I've only just discovered it by surveying.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
Re: What does JG mean on the system jump points tab?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 03:43:28 PM »
On the F9 screen when i go to the jump points tab, one of the listed jump points has JG next to the name, in parentheses.   What does this mean?

It looks like it might stand for "Jump Gate", but I haven't built a Jump Gate there; I've only just discovered it by surveying.
It does mean Jump Gate.  If the square around the jump point is red then it isn't one of yours.  It could be a remannat left behind a previous civilisation (generated at random by the game) or it could be a gate built by a Non-Player Race.  There is no real way to know until you have explored a bit more to see if there is another empire nearby.  Keeps you nice and paranoid :)  You will only see these jump points once you have discovered the associated jump point.
Welchbloke