Author Topic: A couple opf basic questions  (Read 1278 times)

Offline chrislocke2000 (OP)

• Captain
  • c
A couple opf basic questions
« on: February 03, 2011, 08:58:56 AM »
Hi there

Just spent a couple of days getting to grips with the game, looks like its going to be something that will soon be sucking up way to many waking hours! A few questions probably very simple questions:

- How do I see that stores I have on a planet? I've built a pile of infrastructure and some missles but can't see whats actually in stock.

- How do you transfer geological teams between planets?

- Is there a limit on the number of facilities that you can build on any one planet or a limit on the number of shipyards you can have in orbit?

- In turns of NPRs, if I set the chance of generation at zero then the default at say 10 am I right int hinking that the game will just run with the fixed number of NPRs throughout but I migth end up spending years and years before I came across any of them?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Re: A couple opf basic questions
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 09:26:28 AM »
Hi there

Just spent a couple of days getting to grips with the game, looks like its going to be something that will soon be sucking up way to many waking hours! A few questions probably very simple questions:

- How do I see that stores I have on a planet? I've built a pile of infrastructure and some missles but can't see whats actually in stock.

- How do you transfer geological teams between planets?

- Is there a limit on the number of facilities that you can build on any one planet or a limit on the number of shipyards you can have in orbit?

- In turns of NPRs, if I set the chance of generation at zero then the default at say 10 am I right int hinking that the game will just run with the fixed number of NPRs throughout but I migth end up spending years and years before I came across any of them?

Thanks in advance for the help.

(These are from memory)

- On the F2 window there is the breakdown of Population, Growth Rate, Habitability rating and then number of infrastructure units. It also lists the number of every other installation that you have on the colony. One of the other tabs on that window should be production, at the bottom right there is a button called 'Stockpiles' (I think) which will show you a list of ammo and ship components.

- You can order any ship to pick up a team from a planet and then drop it off at another planet. Or you can 'cheat' by disbanding the team on their current planet, then designating another celestial body as a colony - you can then go and form the geological team on the new colony without having to transfer it by ship. Do this in the same turn though or you run the risk of a team member being auto-assigned during the next increment.

- No limit apart from running out of resources, wealth or people to run the facility. If you have too many facilities for you population then everything will run at a reduced productivity rate.

- Yes, 10 NPRs at start with no more during the game. But, if you have the other non-Empirical NPRs enable then you or one of the 10 NPRs could trigger them. You could meet an NPR next door to your home system or 10 jumps away or never. I would not advise 10 NPRs though, 2 or 3 should be perfectly playable but anymore and you will get slow turns really quickly since there is just so much going on.