Author Topic: Ship slowed due to damage but does not appear in repair list  (Read 1356 times)

Offline scvn2812 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
Ship slowed due to damage but does not appear in repair list
« on: November 03, 2011, 03:31:19 PM »
So I've been noticing semi-often that my ships are being slowed due to damage but are not showing up in the list of ships in need of repair. Nor due they have anything under damage control or are they consuming any maintenance to address the problem. They seem perfectly intact yet their max speed has been reduced and they won't show up as in need of repair at the yard or on the grand list of damaged ships.

Is this a bug or feature and if its the latter, how do I address this?

Offline Vynadan

• Lt. Commander
  • V
Re: Ship slowed due to damage but does not appear in repair list
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 03:50:36 PM »
Are you sure your ships are actually damaged? Ships might just fly below their maximum speed. This happens if they exit a system with a nebular, formation flight or some weird task group changes (and perhaps black holes, but I haven't found any yet, so I don't know).

You can check their 'current maximum speed' in the task group screen, in the upper left corner. It should show both an absolute maximum and a current maximum. The current one can be entered and set at your leisure, as long as it's below the absolute maximum (obviously).

Offline scvn2812 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 04:52:17 PM »
Are you sure your ships are actually damaged? Ships might just fly below their maximum speed. This happens if they exit a system with a nebular, formation flight or some weird task group changes (and perhaps black holes, but I haven't found any yet, so I don't know).

You can check their 'current maximum speed' in the task group screen, in the upper left corner. It should show both an absolute maximum and a current maximum. The current one can be entered and set at your leisure, as long as it's below the absolute maximum (obviously).

It literally says in the event log "ship xyz slowed to speed ### due to damage" and sure enough when I view its tab, its max speed has changed but it is not listed as damaged.

Offline Mysterius

• Petty Officer
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 01:44:47 AM »
I've had such a message when a ship got one of its engines damaged because of a maintenance problem.     It was repaired using maintenance supplies without any problem, but i had this message anyway.   
Still, the ship was not slowed down at all and no damage was apparent.

If it does not appear in the repair screen and if its speed is ok, you can probably safely ignore the message.   
Quote from: Atlantia
Quote from: Person012345
The commission of the first Dwarf class mining ship. 

I hope it menaces with spikes of Duranium and is adorned with hanging rings of Corbomite!

Offline Vynadan

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 03:03:36 AM »
You could try overhauling the ship to fix it, but other than that I'm at a loss.

Offline Goron

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 09:10:53 AM »
I had this issue when towing orbital habitats once. Every construction increment I'd get that message for all of my towed habitats. It was a pain in the ass because it would split the towed OHs into a separate taskgroup from the towers, so I would then need to go and re-merge the task groups every time. I posted it in the bug forum...