Author Topic: Task Forces, Task Groups and Naval Organization  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Faber81 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • F
Task Forces, Task Groups and Naval Organization
« on: November 06, 2011, 10:41:46 AM »
I'm trying to expand in the universe, and now I've stumbled across a problem in my naval organization.   I have two task forces, but i can't move my task groups from one to another.   The first is for a military purpose, while the second is for a "civilian" purpose (survey/freighter/gate constructor etc.  ).   How can I do? There is a way to manage task forces? I've created a well detailed naval organization in the task group window, but it's not very useful.  .  .   well, not until now.   What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for the help, this game is addicting!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:16:53 PM by Faber81 »

Offline HaliRyan

• Lt. Commander
  • H
Re: Task Forces, Task Groups and Naval Organization
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 11:48:59 AM »
Open the task groups window and go to the Naval Organization tab. If you've created extra task forces they should be listed in the large box on the left. Select one of these task forces and click the 'Add Branch' button and give it an appropriate name; for example you may create a branch called "Freight" if you intend to make that your task group for freighters. You can then select your various existing task groups from the drop down box on the top normally, and use the "Add TG" button to add all ships from that group to the selected branch (or add an individual ship by clicking on it in the "Ships in Task Group" box in the top right of the window and clicking "Add Ship" button).

Once you have some ships in your newly created branch, select the branch and click the "Branch Only" button to create a new task group of the same name containing all ships in that branch and assigned to the branch's parent task force.

You can also have sub-branches and various other organizational aids. Play around with it.  :)

Offline Faber81 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • F
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 12:07:23 PM »
Quote from: HaliRyan link=topic=4317. msg42643#msg42643 date=1320601739
Open the task groups window and go to the Naval Organization tab.  If you've created extra task forces they should be listed in the large box on the left.  Select one of these task forces and click the 'Add Branch' button and give it an appropriate name; for example you may create a branch called "Freight" if you intend to make that your task group for freighters.  You can then select your various existing task groups from the drop down box on the top normally, and use the "Add TG" button to add all ships from that group to the selected branch (or add an individual ship by clicking on it in the "Ships in Task Group" box in the top right of the window and clicking "Add Ship" button).

Once you have some ships in your newly created branch, select the branch and click the "Branch Only" button to create a new task group of the same name containing all ships in that branch and assigned to the branch's parent task force.

You can also have sub-branches and various other organizational aids.  Play around with it.   :)
Yes, I've already done that, but the problem is that in the task force window all the task groups are listed under my "Imperial Fleet HQ" and not under the "Civilian Fleet HQ".  I don't know how to move the task groups that I've so patiently organized in the Naval Organization tab.

Offline HaliRyan

• Lt. Commander
  • H
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 12:17:30 PM »
You need to actually create a new task group out of a branch belonging to your civilian task force in the naval organization tab. That will create a new task group already assigned to its parent task force, and should then be listed properly in the task forces window.

Offline Faber81 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • F
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 12:28:00 PM »
Aaaaahh!!! That was of great help! Thank you very much!
Well, now I have to re-organize almost everything but finally I've seen the light!  :)

Offline HaliRyan

• Lt. Commander
  • H
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 12:33:42 PM »
Yeah, it's definitely one of the less user-friendly sections of the interface. Hopefully Steve will get around to making it more intuitive with Newtonian Aurora.