Author Topic: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread  (Read 67697 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 03:41:57 PM »
Missile active sensors are still using the old formula for range and resolution (directly proportional as opposed to proportional to the square root of).

Corrected for the next version.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 03:43:56 PM »
On the Galactic Map the "Show Uncolonised Col Cost 2 or less" survey display option only includes those less than 2.

I've corrected the option text to reflect what is actually being displayed.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 03:48:56 PM »
Error in SetClassObsolete

Error 3021 generated by DAO.  Recordset
no current record

Error in CreateDesign

Error 3201 gened by DAO.  Recordset
cannot add/change a recod because a related record is required in "TechSystem"

got spammed by this, first one 5 times, second one 5-7 times, happened when I incremented by 30 days, 3 ships had just finished their overhaul, after this it turned out Terraforming Rate 0. 0025 had finished it looks like

Those functions are used when NPRs are designing new ships after they research new systems. I've added a check to the SetObsoleteClass function so it can no longer try to obsolete an old class that doesn't exist. Not sure what happened with CreateDesign and I think this is one of those errors that will require a specific set of circumstances. If it starts happening every time you do a long increment, let me know and I'll take a look at your DB.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 04:10:19 PM »
Hi Steve

We still seem to have the obliteration of shipping lines once trade access is given by an NPR i.e. they grant trade access, the civilian fleets pile off with trade goods, they revoke the trade status and blow the lot to kingdom come.

If this is deliberate then please could you explain the methodology as this has happened in my last six games. I suspect, however, it is a bug related to sensor interactions.

Regards

Alan

It's definitely a bug. Unfortunately I still haven't figured out the logic hole yet. I have a lot of breakpoints set in the code around this area but I think I am going to have to set up a specific scenario to try and get this to happen. I will get back to you when I figure it out.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, 04:17:07 PM »
I'm detecting missile explosions in a system which i have no presence in, but have explored. Its a NPR or Precursor vs Invader because its all unfolding around a stable wormhole with wrecks abound. I don't think i should have regularly updated info on detonations if I'm not in system. If its not a bug then I'll make it a suggestion.

The problem is caused by the way Aurora handles sensor detection. Trying to check every system during every sub-pulse would be hard on performance so Aurora tries to keep track of what races in which systems need to be checked. It does this by flagging a system/race combination when a ship enters a system, a ship is built, a population is established, etc. and that system has another race present. During the 5-day increment Aurora tidies up the list by removing those systems where only one race is present. This is not a problem for most forms of detection as they require sensors to be present. For missile explosions Aurora was assuming that a flagged system meant sensors where present. I've fixed it so that Aurora will check for the presence of at least one sensor of any type before reporting a missile explosion.

Steve

Offline dooots

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 10:59:41 PM »
When I was looking for some numbers for a faster conventional start I came across this response to a suggestion I had made.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,2506.msg27135.html#msg27135

According to it the abundance modifier for a sol start should always be 1, it does not seem that is the case.

When I started my last game with 2 billion pop the smallest deposit of resources I had was 40k.  For a 500 million pop start I get 10k for my smallest resource deposit and if I use the HW Minerals button on the f9 screen I get a minimum deposit of 20k.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2011, 04:04:57 AM »
Heres a ME TOO
Game froze up and crashed.  Not sure what I was doing, i was looking at some other websites.

Started it up, opened my windows, went to stare at the research screen and click + 5 days until the research finished.

When the research finished, specifically my newly designed size 4 anti ship missile,

-Error in SetClassObsolete

ERROR 3021 was generated by DAO.Recordset
No current reccord.

Next error in create design,
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table TechSystem

I've duplicated the research line for the missile, and have started researching it again.  we'll see what happens...

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2011, 04:22:31 AM »
Heres a ME TOO
Game froze up and crashed.  Not sure what I was doing, i was looking at some other websites.

Started it up, opened my windows, went to stare at the research screen and click + 5 days until the research finished.

When the research finished, specifically my newly designed size 4 anti ship missile,

-Error in SetClassObsolete

No current reccord.

Next error in create design,
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table TechSystem

I've duplicated the research line for the missile, and have started researching it again.  we'll see what happens...

Thanks for the me too post. That means the bug isn't a weird one-off problem. It shouldn't be your missile that affects it as those are NPR-related areas of the code but you never know :). Let me know if it happens again.

Steve

Offline alexwallis

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2011, 02:47:44 PM »
Hi.
I just generated myself a new game, I haven't played anything at all with it yet.
But when I go to select my game from the available list I get the following error

Error in cboGame
Error 380 was generated by Aurora
Invalid property value
Please report to hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/viewforum. php?f=11

I actually get the above when I press cursor down in the game list to select my game.
When I OK the box, I am able to press the select button and load my game, still I thought you should be aware of this problem.  I can send you my database if needed.

Offline dooots

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2011, 06:37:36 AM »
When using reduced height windows the Min Distance from Target (k km) text box is missing from the Task Groups window.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2011, 01:48:27 PM »
Something very screwy is going on with the "Refit Cost From" pull-down on the DAC tab of the Class Design (F5) screen.  It seems like you can scroll forever on it.

I think that somehow scrolling around in it changes the sort order or something like that, so that the currently selected item keeps changing its place in the list, leading to a never-ending list.  I could be totally wrong about this, though - it's all I can think of that would cause what I'm seeing.

John

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2011, 03:57:57 PM »
Something very screwy is going on with the "Refit Cost From" pull-down on the DAC tab of the Class Design (F5) screen.  It seems like you can scroll forever on it.

I think that somehow scrolling around in it changes the sort order or something like that, so that the currently selected item keeps changing its place in the list, leading to a never-ending list.  I could be totally wrong about this, though - it's all I can think of that would cause what I'm seeing.

John
I just looked and it lists all my classes twice.

Offline dooots

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2011, 10:07:11 PM »

John

Something is causing the classes to be added every time you do it.

Oh figured it out, every time you add/delete a class all the classes get added again.  Looks like closing the screen and opening it again cleans up the list.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2011, 07:42:44 AM »

John

Looks like I forgot to clear the list before I fill it :). Fixed for the next version.

Steve

Offline inteuniso

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • i
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2011, 02:51:19 PM »
This is an odd bug, I no longer have Sorium and Uridium on Earth, and now construction is at a standstill for buildings and ships that do not require Uridium or Sorium.  I'm guessing they're seeing a lack of resources and refusing to build.  Any help?