Author Topic: Crusade - Comments Thread  (Read 44250 times)

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Crusade - Comments Thread
« Reply #240 on: January 11, 2020, 08:05:38 PM »
Question:  I might have missed it earlier but are the Tyrranids and Necrons the stand-in names for the spoilers?  Are there other NPRs out there doing their thing?

They seem to be.

There might be.

Steve may wish to not tell us.

Offline Akhillis

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #241 on: January 12, 2020, 04:32:01 AM »
Hey Steve, any chance we can see the Imperium's Admin Command structure?
The Sorium must flow

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #242 on: January 12, 2020, 06:27:26 AM »
Question:  I might have missed it earlier but are the Tyrranids and Necrons the stand-in names for the spoilers?  Are there other NPRs out there doing their thing?

Yes, the Tyranids are the Swarm and the Necrons are the Precursors. There are two active NPRs I haven't met yet.

There are 403 systems in the game at the moment and the Imperium has only found 192 of them.

The following users thanked this post: Kristover

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #243 on: January 12, 2020, 06:33:04 AM »
Hey Steve, any chance we can see the Imperium's Admin Command structure?

Here are the current admin commands. I've found them very useful for my own admin purposes in terms of organising fleets. I haven't yet spent any time organising them in terms of geographic distribution or building large command centres - mainly because this is a test game, so I am not being as detailed in some areas as I normally would.

The following users thanked this post: Akhillis, Alsadius

Offline mtm84

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #244 on: January 12, 2020, 09:06:06 PM »
The shipping lines are added to the general command?  Or am I mis-reading that?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #245 on: January 13, 2020, 06:56:50 AM »
The shipping lines are added to the general command?  Or am I mis-reading that?

They are shown as admin commands, so you can check on civilian ships. You can't give them orders though.

The following users thanked this post: mtm84

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2020, 02:12:11 PM »
Unfortunately, I need to call time on the Crusade campaign, which is a shame because I was really enjoying it.

However, I need to test Diplomacy so I will be starting a new campaign later this week with the NPRs starting positions much closer to the player. I also have to spend a week in Philadelphia with work in mid-Feb, which has reduced my remaining time to hit a March release date. Not really the ideal time for transatlantic air travel either :)

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2020, 02:31:45 PM »
Unfortunately, I need to call time on the Crusade campaign, which is a shame because I was really enjoying it.

However, I need to test Diplomacy so I will be starting a new campaign later this week with the NPRs starting positions much closer to the player. I also have to spend a week in Philadelphia with work in mid-Feb, which has reduced my remaining time to hit a March release date. Not really the ideal time for transatlantic air travel either :)

Aww. It really was an awesome campaign, but I understand that testing the new features is the most important part.

And let's be honest, the Imperium aren't exactly the type to be engaging in diplomatic missions to xenos anyways :P

Offline Vizzy

• Leading Rate
  • V
« Reply #248 on: February 03, 2020, 02:53:24 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10440. msg118504#msg118504 date=1580760731

Definitely a shame, but understandable considering it was only a test campaign.  Perhaps a revisit to the setting when C# has settled down and after any other campaigns you've got planned?  :)

Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10440. msg118504#msg118504 date=1580760731
However, I need to test Diplomacy so I will be starting a new campaign later this week with the NPRs starting positions much closer to the player.  I also have to spend a week in Philadelphia with work in mid-Feb, which has reduced my remaining time to hit a March release date.  Not really the ideal time for transatlantic air travel either :)

I'm guessing a Diplomacy test campaign is going to be very different to the last.  Probably quite SM heavy to set up as many different scenarios as possible?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #249 on: February 03, 2020, 02:58:08 PM »

Definitely a shame, but understandable considering it was only a test campaign.  Perhaps a revisit to the setting when C# has settled down and after any other campaigns you've got planned?  :)

However, I need to test Diplomacy so I will be starting a new campaign later this week with the NPRs starting positions much closer to the player.  I also have to spend a week in Philadelphia with work in mid-Feb, which has reduced my remaining time to hit a March release date.  Not really the ideal time for transatlantic air travel either :)

I'm guessing a Diplomacy test campaign is going to be very different to the last.  Probably quite SM heavy to set up as many different scenarios as possible?

Yes, I definitely want to revisit the WH40K setting at some point. With the new campaign, I'll probably set up a simple start and perhaps 3 NPRs within 25 LY of Sol. I don't have time for a detailed backstory for this one :)

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #250 on: February 03, 2020, 06:45:57 PM »
I eagerly await the return of Ny-Ghrr and his borderline-incompetent efforts at Preservation.  Mongols & Romans & Vikings, oh my!

Offline vorpal+5

• Captain
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #251 on: February 04, 2020, 12:06:53 AM »

What is the setting you'll use to have the NPR spawn close enough without having to specify exactly the system they will spawn?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #252 on: February 04, 2020, 04:55:07 AM »
I eagerly await the return of Ny-Ghrr and his borderline-incompetent efforts at Preservation.  Mongols & Romans & Vikings, oh my!

Yes, that was a fun background :)

I'll revisit that at some point, but for now I'll probably just have a single race for speed of setup purposes. Maybe Isle of Man takes over the world :)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #253 on: February 04, 2020, 04:57:56 AM »

What is the setting you'll use to have the NPR spawn close enough without having to specify exactly the system they will spawn?

For real stars, you can set a minimum and maximum distance from Sol in light years for the NPR starting systems. The code randomly generates and discards systems for real stars in that distance band until it finds a suitable location (with some modification to environments where required).

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5

Offline Kelewan

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #254 on: February 04, 2020, 05:57:03 AM »
The second of three posts for today
A troop transport waiting in orbit unloaded four Ordo Xenos and four Ordos Machinum formations. The four regiments of the Catachan Jungle Fighters remained on the planet as a garrison, while the rest of the assault force was loaded on four Cetaceous class troop transports to begin the long journey back to Terra, where they would absorb replacements and new equipment. The Expeditionary Fleet remained in orbit for the moment to cover the forthcoming planetary survey and provide protection against any hitherto undetected Necron forces in the system.

After reading this I was, waiting for updates on how Ground Forces are managed/upgraded. But as you are planning to start the next test campaign waiting is not an option, so I was wondering
if you have implemented a system for managing reinforcement/upgrades of Ground Fores Formations jet.  Also see my suggestion