Author Topic: Change for v6.30  (Read 22972 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Change for v6.30
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2013, 08:41:08 AM »
Unit Type Names

For v6.30, you can change the default names of unit types for each Empire using a button on the GU Training tab of the Economics window. For example, in my current campaign the French have changed Assault Infantry to Légion étrangère. You can also change the associated abbreviation.

When you build units of this type it will create a default name based on this new name (so 5th Légion étrangère instead of 5th Mobile Infantry)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2013, 10:42:45 AM »
Research Anomalies

There is now a chance to find an "Anomaly" on a system body. Anomalies will provide a boost for a single research field from 10% to 100% for all research facilities located on that system body. These will commonly be found at the site of alien ruins but not exclusively. There will be various types of anomalies, starting in v6.30 with the following three (unless I think of more before release)

1) Alien Installation. Usually found at the same location as alien ruins but can be discovered in isolation (any research field)
2) Unusual Radiation from Star. Innermost planet will be classed as having the anomaly  (will not be MK, CP or LG)
3) Unusual Magnetic field on Gas Giant. Innermost moon will be classed as having the anomaly (will not be MK, CP or LG)

With 2) and 3) it is possible the anomaly could be on a planet you can't normally colonise, or that has a very high colony cost. In that case you will have to decide whether orbital habitats will be worthwhile.

Note that in the same way as scientists bonuses, you don't pay wealth for the additional RP created as a result of the anomaly bonus.

Steve
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 10:54:03 AM by Steve Walmsley »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 02:15:58 PM »
Homeworld Minerals

I've upped homeworld mineral generation to around double the current level.