Author Topic: Medals for others  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
Medals for others
« on: September 24, 2015, 03:06:02 AM »
I was designing my medal system for my current game and it occurred to me that I really only had three main groups. First up was the general science exploration type awards, then came the ones which could be classed as non combat came (anything where the receiver was not in a vessel capable of firing), finally came the combat awards. One thing I noticed was that others should perhaps get them too. Such as diplomats, scientists and such. But do medals have any effect on either the ability scores of such characters (in the case of diplomats, geologists, espionage), or on their chances to increase their administration rating?

Offline Sematary

• Commodore
Re: Medals for others
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 03:26:12 AM »
As far as I am aware the only in game function they have is to add promotion points.

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 03:35:10 AM »
But do promotion points help with the advancement of a leaders administration rating? For example if a scientist only has an admin rating of 2 but happens to be my lead guy when discovering anit-matter drives. I give him a shiny medal that gives a nice big chunk of promotion points, will this then mean he will get to admin level 3 faster or will it progress at the same rate?

Offline Sematary

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 03:55:32 AM »
I don't know. Maybe?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 08:22:28 AM »
According to this changelog from 2009 (version 4.7) which I believe is still relevant ( some of this aparrently isn't still relevant, but most of it still seems to be) : http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=1787.msg17004#msg17004
Promotion score doesn't affect civilian administrators or scientists, they only get experience from being assigned work.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 04:56:24 AM »
According to this changelog from 2009 (version 4.7) which I believe is still relevant ( some of this aparrently isn't still relevant, but most of it still seems to be) : http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=1787.msg17004#msg17004
Promotion score doesn't affect civilian administrators or scientists, they only get experience from being assigned work.

Gotya thanks.