Author Topic: freighter orders for transporting automated mines  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Chopain (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
freighter orders for transporting automated mines
« on: May 25, 2011, 09:57:11 PM »
I can load an automated mine and unload it at an asteroid manually.

The problem is that I can't get to do this automatically.   My orders are as follows.

Pick up automated mine from population
Deliver automated mine to mining colony (secondary)
If Fuel less than 30% then Refuel at Colony or Tanker within 4 jumps
If Supply Points less than 20% then Resupply at Colony or Supply Ship within 4 jumps

I've tried a few variations of this but none of them will work.   This is what happens.   The ship loads the mine.   Then it keeps trying to load more mines forever and gives me loading error reports.   Once it is done loading it is not switching to its secondary orders.   I have to manually tell it to go unload.   This works as long as I'm only moving one freighter but this will kill me once I have a big fleet moving mines!

Can someone tell me the correct way to do this?

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: freighter orders for transporting automated mines
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 10:40:45 PM »
Never used the automacic orders for something like this.
I use the "Repeat" order a lot.

Just order the freighter(s) to load automine at X, unload automine at Y, type in a number (lets call it z) of your liking into the field right of the "Repeat" button (center-bottom F12 window) and hit that button. Every order that has been in the Plotted Move window, has now been repeated z times.

Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Re: freighter orders for transporting automated mines
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 11:19:55 PM »
Pretty sure that the 'Pick up automated mine from population' and 'Deliver automated mine to mining colony (secondary)' are for NPRs and Steve just hasn't hidden them from the player.