Author Topic: "Nationalizing" civilian mining colonies?  (Read 5589 times)

Offline skeolan

• Leading Rate
  • s
Re: "Nationalizing" civilian mining colonies?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 03:02:16 PM »
I see.  So if I do want the civilians to start building these mining ships, I could throw some cargo holds on them (seems wise since I anticipate the mining wouldn't be very useful otherwise). . .  then it's possible civilians will build them? If they build them, will they just put the vessels on shipping runs and ignore the mining modules, or will they go out mining? If they do go out and mine the asteroids, will I be able to ensure that the minerals they harvest would end up in imperial hands (at any price), just like CMCs?

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 03:57:01 PM »
I see.  So if I do want the civilians to start building these mining ships, I could throw some cargo holds on them (seems wise since I anticipate the mining wouldn't be very useful otherwise). . .  then it's possible civilians will build them? If they build them, will they just put the vessels on shipping runs and ignore the mining modules, or will they go out mining? If they do go out and mine the asteroids, will I be able to ensure that the minerals they harvest would end up in imperial hands (at any price), just like CMCs?

The civilian AI is very limited.  Cargo and colonist runs only.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline skeolan

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 05:49:17 PM »
Ah good, that's a relief.  If those damn uppity civvies started chewing up offworld minerals I'd be very unhappy with them.  Thank you.  I love how fast the knowledgeable responses come on this forum! :)

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 06:18:25 AM »
Civilians will (or rather, have a chance to) build any non-military, non-obsolete, ship design with at least one of {Cargo Hold, Cryogenic Storage Hold, Luxury Passenger Accommodations}.  Regardless of what else is on the ship, they will operate it as either a standard Freighter, Colony, or Luxury passenger ship.

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 05:22:40 AM »
missed the option to buy their CMC outputs thats a good feature.