Author Topic: Mass Driver +/-  (Read 1991 times)

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Mass Driver +/-
« on: March 11, 2016, 07:14:58 AM »
Hello there,

in the mineral overview tab there is a column for Mass Driver +/- for the colony. The values there do not seem to make sense to me. The other values are based upon yearly or monthly values but that column does not seem to. Sometimes values are there sometimes its empty. I tried to figure it out, manually checking how much minerals come in, but the values in that column don't seem to reflect those values. Does anybody know how the values there are calculated?

Thx.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Mass Driver +/-
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 08:54:01 AM »
The amount of each mineral that arrived (+) or departed (-) via Mass Driver in the last time increment. . .  whatever that increment was.  So if you advance time by 30 seconds you will almost certainly see all zeros, but by 30 days you will usually see quite a few tons (since Mass Drivers shoot each Construction Cycle).

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Re: Mass Driver
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 04:19:07 PM »
Wouldn't it be more senseful to fill this field like the other values like received 'last month' or 'Last year'? Don't See Any value in seeing the receivement of last time increment...

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 01:20:15 PM »
It might be more sensible, but Aurora doesn't currently track that with any persistence.  The software literally doesn't know how much came in or went out the increment before last.  That's not a variable it tracks.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 01:57:16 PM »
The per-year amount will be either the amount you can mine in a year (shown in a different column of the same table) or the amount your mass drivers can send per year (5000 tons each), whichever is lower.

Offline robberer

• Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 11:24:09 AM »
Hi,

I'm playing Aurora since a week and I would like to ask why I'm not seeing a massdriver(+) on my massdriver destination.

I have massdriver for 2m tons/year on the destination (Earth) and 50 massdriver on the source (various Asteroids) -> (destination Earth) each colony.

I can see in the Mining Tab that Ores are going to Earth (-), but I don't see a plus (as +) on Earth.

What am I doing wrong here ?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 11:38:29 AM »
You only see the + upon the increment of arrival.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

The following users thanked this post: robberer

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 01:15:28 PM »
@83athom is correct. The +/- does not track in transit packets. Only packets sent and received on their increments of departure/arrival.

The following users thanked this post: robberer

Offline robberer

• Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 02:01:03 AM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=8420. msg96955#msg96955 date=1473963328
@83athom is correct.  The +/- does not track in transit packets.  Only packets sent and received on their increments of departure/arrival.

Great, thanks for the answers.  I was able to see incoming packets while being in the mining tab and pressing the 5 seconds time control button.