Author Topic: Task Group Window  (Read 1219 times)

Offline Red Dot (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • R
Task Group Window
« on: July 14, 2016, 08:00:06 PM »
Does anybody know what the T stands for after the name of these ships in a single Task Group? More importantly, how do I get rid of it?  Thanks.

Offline El Pip

• Lieutenant
  • E
Re: Task Group Window
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 04:08:25 AM »
The T stands for Transponder, for some reason you've turned it on. Turn it off and the T disappears, either give the whole Task Group an order to turn it off, or do it for the individual ships on the Miscellaneous Tab on the Unit Details screen.

The following users thanked this post: Red Dot

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 07:38:53 AM »
What does a transponder do anyway?
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline El Pip

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 07:57:07 AM »
Transmits the ships location to everyone else in the system. Not sure why you would ever want to turn it on for your own ships (except RP reasons. Maybe?). I believe civilian ships use it all the time so you know where they are.

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 08:19:25 AM »
Could it make aliens less likely to fire on you if you turn on the transponder to show them you "come in peace"? No idea, but I always imagined it could be something like that.

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 08:50:55 AM »
I remember a topic saying that if you enter a system and see an enemy colony. Turning on your transponder guarentees "contact" and starts them on building relationship.

Also i do believe that you can use the T to draw out enemy ships. Would be worth testing.
But send out a small fast ship, turn the transponder on and draw their fleet off in some direction. Then skirt around their detection to engage others.

Or since you could make the ai head out for a set target. You could mine the area infront so theyre stuck sailing though your minefield.