Author Topic: Conventional Industry  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Yonder (OP)

• Registered
  • Lt. Commander
  • Y
Conventional Industry
« on: January 25, 2010, 02:21:15 PM »
Do any of you guys have the particulars of what exactly Conventional Industry does? They seem to be a sort of "Catch-All" for the planets industry, since at the beginning I only had those and was doing mining, construction work, and (I believe) fuel refining with them. There is an option to convert that Conventional Industry to the more specific facilities, but I have just been making new things instead. Is this a mistake? Is it more efficient to first convert these starting factories before building things from scratch? For example, would converting three Conventional Industry into an Industrial Capacity, a Fuel Refinery, and a Mine give me better performance in all of those areas?

I searched the forums and the wiki with no luck.

Also on the wiki refers to "Construction Facilities" but all I saw was "Industrial Capacity," those are the same things right?

Thanks for your time, I started playing this weekend and have really been enjoying myself so far.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Conventional Industry
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 02:35:32 PM »
Conventional Industry is the Pre-TN facility.

The specialized facilities have a greater production rate.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 03:25:51 PM »
If you hover your mouse over the construction rates you will see the individual contribution of each type.  If I remember correctly the Conventional industry works as 1/10 of a mine and 1/10 of a factory and 1/20 of a refinery so if you have 20 conventional industry your total output will be the same as having 2 mines, 2 factories, and 1 fuel refinery.  Obviously converting them will get you a much greater rate, and the cost to convert them is generally 20 minerals, vs 120 for new construction.  Overall I would definately go with converting all of your conventional industry before building any regular industry/mines/refineries.  The only point that some people would question is if you need automated mines.  My preference would still be to convert the conventional industry to a mine, and then into an automated mine.  The total cost would be 170, vs 240 for a new construction automated mine.

Brian

Offline Yonder (OP)

• Registered
  • Lt. Commander
  • Y
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 04:50:57 PM »
Thank you very much, I went to that rollover area in Industry and Mining and verified that it is indeed 1/10, 1/10, and 1/20th efficiency in Industrial Capacity, Mining, and Fuel Refining respectively.