Author Topic: Terraforming stopped  (Read 1711 times)

Offline majortopio (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • m
Terraforming stopped
« on: May 06, 2012, 02:24:49 PM »
Hey guys, I just started playing this game a couple weeks ago and have become completely addicted.  Great game!

Anyways, I've colonised a planet in a different solar system than Sol (not real stars) and have terraformed it into a breathable atmosphere at -4 C.  However, my 39 terraforming installations, with plenty of manufacturing workers, have just stopped producing any ATM.  It's just at 0.  Any ideas what could be wrong?

Offline Haji

• Captain
Re: Terraforming stopped
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 02:55:27 PM »
The only time I know of that terraforming installations stop doing their work is when they reach target atmosphere density. Since I don't know how well you know the game, I'll just go step by step.

When you start terraforming you need to specify what kind of gas you want to change. Be default the terraformers substract gas from the atmosphere, unless "add gas to the atmosphere" (or something similar) box is checked. Then you need to specify target atmosphere density. Then you may need to press "save atm" button. I'm not really sure, I think terraforming may work without clicking it.

Once the terraformers substracted all the gas specified, or added the amount specified, the terraforming "resets" itself - the window showing gas being added/substracted will change to "terraforming inactive". In this case, you need to repeat the whole prcedure.

wilddog5

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 03:20:46 PM »
make sure that you have not deactivated terraformers in the civilian / industry tab as this wall stop all terraforming even if you set terraforming to be active in the environment tab (this includes ship modules)

Offline Marthnn

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »
make sure that you have not deactivated terraformers in the civilian / industry tab as this wall stop all terraforming even if you set terraforming to be active in the environment tab (this includes ship modules)
If you accidently deactivated terraformers in that way, it takes 6 months to reactivate, error or not.

Offline majortopio (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • m
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 03:35:27 PM »
I've got it set up correctly, with a target specified for Safe Greenhouse Gasses.  Could it perhaps have something to do with a low political stability (something I've just discovered is going on there)?

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 09:30:38 AM »
I've got it set up correctly, with a target specified for Safe Greenhouse Gasses.  Could it perhaps have something to do with a low political stability (something I've just discovered is going on there)?

That affects production like construction of ships and buildings. I think that terraforming is part of that as well. Which means yes, if they are ground constructed terraformers. No idea if ships are affected by the planets production modifiers. I believe they are kept and operate separate from the colony though and just add their value to the end of the result of the colony's output.

If I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be put in my place by the experts. :)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 12:10:33 PM »

It could have a lot to do with that :). Exactly how low is the political stability?

Steve