Author Topic: automated courier for geology team?  (Read 1759 times)

Offline joeclark77 (OP)

• Commander
  • j
automated courier for geology team?
« on: June 20, 2013, 05:27:07 PM »
This is probably a suggestion that's been made before, but I'm new here so I'll post it.  One feature I'd like to see is some automation regarding the dropping off and picking up of geology teams.  For example it'd be nice if I could build a shuttle for my team and simply give orders to that shuttle like "perform ground-based geological survey of Mars" but for several planets in a row.  It would wait at each planet and figure out on its own when the team is finished and ready to move on.

Offline Saibot

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
Re: automated courier for geology team?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 02:25:49 AM »
That would be good, I basically have dedicated shuttlecraft already but automation is always nice.

Offline strych90

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 11:31:54 AM »
IIRC (havent played in a while, but I still lurk the forums on occasion) I think you can just disband your team, colonize the planet you want to search, reassemble the team there, and then abandon colony it once the team is done if it is useless.

May be considered cheating but better than micromanaging a transport ship IMO

Offline wobbly

• Chief Petty Officer
  • w
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 02:13:54 AM »
I'll happily teleport any officer between planets which have a regular civilian trade run (or one close by).  I think there's a big difference between saying an officer traveled by civilian lines & moving officers out of ships on the edge of the solar system.