Author Topic: Invasion, yes or not  (Read 5910 times)

Online Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
Invasion, yes or not
« on: October 17, 2013, 06:02:51 PM »
Hi guys, I read to somewhere that the AI in Aurora does not make invasions of other planets.
During my actually game, nasty aliens have launched a mass surprise attack with nuclear missiles against Mars (one of the biggest colony), totally destroying almost everything inside and killing millions of ppl but not all (I think about 7 milions survived altogether factories, infrastructures, mines etc.)
After the bombardment in the event list, I can read this "Due to the loss of Mars, 1635.9304 has been looted by the conquering barbarians" o0.
Now Mars, is checked red and there is a contact called "Population [Sol]Thermal 6765 EM7547"

I'm quite sure that not all ppl were killed and not all the infrastructure and installations were destroyed, so:
1) What do these numbers in this message mean?  "Due to the loss of Mars, 1635.9304 has been looted by the conquering barbarians"
2) Due to this contact "Population [Sol]Thermal 6765 EM7547", has Mars been invaded???

Moreover, just after the bombardment, Mars was not checked as mine anymore and I had to re-checked it as colony again. Anyway, inside there's nothing, neither stuff nor ppl, only a lot of radiations.
I attached a screen

Edit: I just checked in the wealth/trade section and among the expenditures there's a voice "population conquered" which is costing to me 1635.9, exactly the amount of the message in the event.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 06:07:47 PM by Kaiser »

Offline Ted B Schuler II

• Leading Rate
  • T
Re: Invasion, yes or not
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 11:39:58 PM »
Most likely what has happened is your Mars colony surrendered to the bombarding aliens.   :'(
You will have to reconquer it and that number is wealth that you lost.

Online Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 09:41:40 AM »
such wealth continues to be subtracted from my total wealth, even after 1 month.. I'm loosing a lot of money :///

Online Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 10:59:27 AM »
Hi
I just found a moon which looks has some aliens inside. The contact says "population [Sir] (I'm in Sirius system) thermal 5".
Actually the thermal strengh is very low and I was just lucky that my ship with thermal sensors looked at this moon during a trip.
Anyway, strengh 5 suggests me that there are few things inside and maybe no population, but... What should I do now? I sent in the moon an espionage team, but I don't know how it works and I cannot see what is inside the moon, even if I enstablish a colony.
Should I sent there military troops or what?

PS: the button to attach a screen does not work :(

Offline Vanigo

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 07:05:29 PM »
That's probably a deep space tracking facility. Those things don't require any population to run, so you can just drop them on any old lump of rock and get a nice big passive sensor. I don't know if normal NPRs do it, but one of the spoiler races does. If there are no ground forces there, you could drop a unit there for a free DSTF.

Online Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 12:07:05 PM »
Thanks I will try it