Author Topic: Quick Questions Thread  (Read 37791 times)

Offline DFNewb (OP)

• Captain
  • D
Quick Questions Thread
« on: April 12, 2020, 12:02:23 PM »
I'm gonna ask some basic questions about things I might of missed or forgotten about in the changes thread.

Lets start:

Does having more spaceports, shuttle stations, transfer stations, do anything?

What does GSP stand for?

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 09:25:08 PM by DFNewb »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Simple questions by me
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 12:16:38 PM »
I'm gonna ask some basic questions about things I might of missed or forgotten about in the changes thread.

Lets start:

What does GSP stand for?

1.  Generally, yes, as most of those things have a tons/litres/points-per-hour rating, and some of them (the smaller ones) have a 'number of units (un)loaded simultaneously' number.

2.  Geological survey points or gravitational survey points or ground supply points (though more commonly that's just 'SP') depending on context.

Offline Vivalas

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • V
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 12:45:45 PM »
Was the Racial Training Level mechanics and crew amount removed? I can't find anywhere that says how many crew I have and where I can set the racial training level.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 12:53:07 PM »
Was the Racial Training Level mechanics and crew amount removed? I can't find anywhere that says how many crew I have and where I can set the racial training level.

Race Details Window

Offline TCD

• Lt. Commander
  • T
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 12:59:45 PM »
Another dumb question, but anyone know how I can change my date format to short so I can actually see the year in the various project windows?

Offline Vivalas

• V
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 01:07:22 PM »

Race Details Window

Ah, I see it now. The set training level button doesn't work and I can't change the number, is this a bug or am I still missing something?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 01:08:36 PM »

Race Details Window

Ah, I see it now. The set training level button doesn't work and I can't change the number, is this a bug or am I still missing something?

No idea, sorry.  I saw it when setting up my empire, but didn't try to change it myself.

Offline DFNewb (OP)

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 01:09:11 PM »
Another dumb question, but anyone know how I can change my date format to short so I can actually see the year in the various project windows?

Right click on the time, go to adjust date/time and then change the long date to something that does not include the day

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2020, 01:10:03 PM »

Not in Aurora, but Windows -->  Settings --> Time & Date -->  Time & Date Format (and possibly --> Advanced Settings)

The following users thanked this post: TCD, skoormit

Offline DFNewb (OP)

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2020, 01:12:56 PM »

Lets start:

What does GSP stand for?

1.  Generally, yes, as most of those things have a tons/litres/points-per-hour rating, and some of them (the smaller ones) have a 'number of units (un)loaded simultaneously' number.

2.  Geological survey points or gravitational survey points or ground supply points (though more commonly that's just 'SP') depending on context.

Do you know what Ground supply points are for?

Also for question 1 is that also for the installation based ones? I know the ship ones make a difference but on the planet status screen some of them seem to just be a yes or no.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2020, 01:22:40 PM »
Do you know what Ground supply points are for?

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg109760;topicseen#msg109760

Also for question 1 is that also for the installation based ones? I know the ship ones make a difference but on the planet status screen some of them seem to just be a yes or no.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg105591;topicseen#msg105591

For example, an Ordnance Supply Station (or a Spaceport, since it includes one OSS among other things) can tranfer ordnance, and it can do so at a rate determined by your empire's shuttle tech, multiplied by the number of shuttles available, limited by the number of bays on the recieving ship for said shuttles to land at.

Offline Lightning

• L
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2020, 01:31:14 PM »

Race Details Window

I was trying to change it too with no luck.

Offline divolinon

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2020, 01:32:24 PM »
Is the whole teams system like geo teams gone? Or is just moved somewhere?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2020, 01:36:28 PM »
Is the whole teams system like geo teams gone? Or is just moved somewhere?
All teams are gone.

Diplomacy and Espionage are now done by ship modules. Ground-based geological surveys and xeno-archeology are done by ground units with the necessary components.

The following users thanked this post: alaysian, divolinon

Offline Ozyton

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • O
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2020, 01:37:19 PM »
Perhaps I'm blind but I can't figure out how to give orders to ships/fleets? The closest I can find is the Naval Organization window but I don't see any tab to give orders, just reports and statuses and changing fleet speed.