Author Topic: What's Going On In Your Empire: C# Edition  (Read 73602 times)

Offline AlStar

• Lieutenant
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
Re: What's Going On In Your Empire: C# Edition
« Reply #480 on: February 27, 2024, 01:01:16 AM »
This is the system of GJ 3323.

It is home to two terrestrial worlds which are acceptable terraforming candidates and a gas giant with 21 moons. Minerals unknown.

It is our empire's white whale; it is our folly. It is a graveyard to 477,000 tons of military shipping and 15,000 souls.

4 generations of technical innovation; years of construction... scrap floating on the stellar breeze.

We're confident that this generation of ships has what it takes.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #481 on: February 27, 2024, 01:48:25 AM »
Oh wow  :-X

Good luck.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #482 on: February 29, 2024, 08:39:19 AM »
So, I have discovered a system with 3 stars, 2 of them rotate around the first which is close to the JP, one of them, which is the one with planets and stuff, is 700billion Km distant from the jump point. The LP1 is located in this star, but since the other 2 are planetless, there's no way to create another LP. Is there anything I can do to avoid a travel of 700billion away?

Offline AlStar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #483 on: February 29, 2024, 09:39:07 AM »
So, I have discovered a system with 3 stars, 2 of them rotate around the first which is close to the JP, one of them, which is the one with planets and stuff, is 700billion Km distant from the jump point. The LP1 is located in this star, but since the other 2 are planetless, there's no way to create another LP. Is there anything I can do to avoid a travel of 700billion away?

If you're willing to 'cheat' a little, you can go into SM mode, add a gas giant to one of the closer stars, and stabilize a LP.

Other than that, you're pretty much limited to going into SM mode and deleting the third star, since it's otherwise going to be useless. AFAIK, jump points will only ever show up around the primary star, so you can't even hope that a second JP into the system will pop up over there.

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #484 on: February 29, 2024, 10:29:26 AM »

If you're willing to 'cheat' a little, you can go into SM mode, add a gas giant to one of the closer stars, and stabilize a LP.

Other than that, you're pretty much limited to going into SM mode and deleting the third star, since it's otherwise going to be useless. AFAIK, jump points will only ever show up around the primary star, so you can't even hope that a second JP into the system will pop up over there.

Thanks, no I do not like game-cheating, so I am going to survey the stuff there and if there is something interesting, well, let's see, I'll create super fast cargo eventually.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #485 on: February 29, 2024, 04:25:02 PM »
Dude, 700 bn km distance is too much. Even if you create a super-long-distance surveyor, it will take ages for it to get there. Using SM is not cheating, per se, it is meant for helping storytelling and facilitating gameplay. As AlStar said, the best option is to create a gas giant to orbit the primary star so that you can then use a stabilization ship to create a LP that you can then use for intra-system jumps.

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #486 on: February 29, 2024, 10:16:23 PM »
Yeah, if you're not going to edit in a lagrange anchor, you're probably best off just ignoring the place.

In VB Aurora you might have been able to do something with hyperdrive, but lacking that that distance is extremely impractical.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #487 on: March 01, 2024, 05:12:08 AM »
Dude, 700 bn km distance is too much. Even if you create a super-long-distance surveyor, it will take ages for it to get there. Using SM is not cheating, per se, it is meant for helping storytelling and facilitating gameplay. As AlStar said, the best option is to create a gas giant to orbit the primary star so that you can then use a stabilization ship to create a LP that you can then use for intra-system jumps.

Yeah, I totally understand, but that's how I play everygame, no cheats that facilitate or give advantages, I take whatever comes during the gameplay.

I like to think that this scenario might be real in the universe one day, at that point it is not that we will pop up a gas giant from nowhere, so if Steve did not add any solution to the game to avoid a 700billion travel, he might have had his reasons to do that and I like this as it is.

That being said, there's a 2 colony cost planet there and from the storytelling point of view, I could sent there 100000 people only in an eternal voyage with a colony ship and some infra, then they will live there forever isolated from the rest of the universe  ::)

The following users thanked this post: Kiero

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #488 on: March 01, 2024, 05:58:52 AM »
Yeah, that's a valid choice. I did not want you waste time & effort trying to exploit the secondary star system, only to realize that it is impossible without an LP. But that sort of Exodus thing would be pretty cool. You can play all sorts of political & religious schisms and so on for it.

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser

Offline AlStar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #489 on: March 01, 2024, 07:19:24 AM »
I'd be worried that all my civilian ships would get stuck on the 10+ year voyage to drop off colonists / trade goods there.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #490 on: March 01, 2024, 07:22:35 AM »
I'd be worried that all my civilian ships would get stuck on the 10+ year voyage to drop off colonists / trade goods there.

Military restricting the planet shoudl avoid that, shoudln't it?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #491 on: March 01, 2024, 08:19:32 AM »
Yeah, you can either make the entire system restricted or the colony/colonies you create specifically, if you need to use the system as a transit point.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #492 on: March 03, 2024, 09:33:41 AM »
I'm playing a WH40k campaign, but started conventional. Eighteen years in and I haven't launched a warship yet, although I finally have a few building. I also haven't created any out-system colonies yet, mainly because I have never seen an early map with so many empty systems. The two most promising ones (Orpheus and Sigma Draconis), both have hostile aliens. So far, I have been using fighter-sized survey ships, but I just launched my first pair of full-size survey ships. They are unarmed, but carry two fighters, two scout shuttles and an assault transport.

Tempest class Survey Frigate      15,000 tons       339 Crew       2,284 BP       TCS 300    TH 750    EM 0
2500 km/s    JR 3-50      Armour 1-54       Shields 0-0       HTK 88      Sensors 5/8/5/5      DCR 20-13      PPV 0
Maint Life 6.13 Years     MSP 2,403    AFR 90%    IFR 1.2%    1YR 110    5YR 1,647    Max Repair 225 MSP
Hangar Deck Capacity 2,000 tons     
Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 60 months    Flight Crew Berths 40    Morale Check Required   

RM-150 Military Jump Drive     Max Ship Size 15000 tons    Distance 50k km     Squadron Size 3
Ravenor Drive Systems RDS-750-ME (1)    Power 750.0    Fuel Use 7.05%    Signature 750.00    Explosion 6%
Fuel Capacity 1,303,800 Litres    Range 221.8 billion km (1026 days at full power)

MK I Frigate Active Augur Array (1)     GPS 7200     Range 61m km    Resolution 120
MK II Electromagnetic Augur Array (1)     Sensitivity 8.0     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  22.4m km
MK I Thermal Augur Array (1)     Sensitivity 5.0     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  17.7m km
Geological Survey Sensors (5)   5 Survey Points Per Hour
Gravitational Survey Sensors (5)   5 Survey Points Per Hour

Strike Group
1x Thunderhawk Assault Transport   Speed: 9500 km/s    Size: 20
2x Fury Interceptor   Speed: 10001 km/s    Size: 6
2x Aquila Scout   Speed: 2500 km/s    Size: 4

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser, AlStar, Neophyte, BAGrimm

Offline AlStar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #493 on: March 04, 2024, 09:32:16 AM »
That southern branch of your starmap is depressing - just billions of kms of emptiness (not that the eastern branch is much better!)

Offline Steve Zax

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #494 on: March 04, 2024, 09:46:28 PM »
Is that "real stars" but some are renamed? or is there a name theme that has real stars?