Author Topic: A Strange Encounter  (Read 2503 times)

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
A Strange Encounter
« on: July 27, 2010, 09:17:20 AM »
[spoiler:2f0fzk01]In a Solar System,my 2 GravShips conduct a winner gravsurvey..then months later ive send some Cloaked ships through the relative Jumppoint,and going on in Exploration out this Solar system..a week (in games term) ago ive send two GEOsurvey vessels for detailed survey of them,AND..around a planets one of two where BLOW up from a missiles,unknow direction,salvo.1 month later ive reach the Solar system and with a full Battle Squadroon,well organized,with Support,tankers,cloaked scout,FAC groups,Carrier Groups and 12 Fighters Wings,ive begin to patrol entire System..without encounter any aliens..mmmmm---so ive send a single cloaked Early Warning craft around the 2nd planets..and found anothe "PARKING in orbit" Missile salvo: 24 missile Class-4 missiles...with my Carrier Group and AreaDef Cruiser ive blow up the "standalone Salvoes"
Up the Planets all quiet,zero noise,no thermal,no EM...some Wrecks are in static orbit in same of 2nd planetary orbit companion..ALL remain uncertain,and strange for me.Are a first time am encounter a lonely un-manned,aliens Missiles Salvo around.[/spoiler:2f0fzk01]

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
Re: A Strange Encounter
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 09:48:36 AM »
I've encountered those twice in my current game.  Surprised the heck out of me the first time.

Offline Sotak246

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 10:35:42 AM »
I've run into this a couple of times.  It appears to be a minefield around the planet and the orbiting salvos are the missiles that were left over when your ships were destroyed.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 10:52:32 AM »
I've also encountered them.  [spoiler:2uw1ul59]It appears to be a Precursor Captor Minefield.[/spoiler:2uw1ul59]
Welchbloke

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 11:01:12 AM »
Encountered it several times, I just treat it as a tax on Geo survey ships

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 11:08:14 AM »
Quote from: "Andrew"
Encountered it several times, I just treat it as a tax on Geo survey ships
Little things like this and precursors just remind me of the simpler days of Starfire's Intrepid Explorer's Peril Probability  :D
Welchbloke

Offline symon

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 12:57:44 PM »
Met these almost every game I've had. They seem quite common.
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 02:49:23 PM »
ahahah.
okay okay mates.
Ehehe nice to see,every time,in Aurora am playing been from 2 years..and sometimes hit us with a "little,welcome,surprising,Steve's Spear of Hell".

A stupid Precursors's Minefield.Ok,,my First Time:D