Author Topic: Conceding a contested system. :)  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Starkiller (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • S
Conceding a contested system. :)
« on: April 28, 2011, 02:54:24 PM »
Heh, even though my tech was MUCH higher, I run in developer mode cause I like to watch the battles between NPRs. :)
This was an "awakened" NPR, woken up by me. I immediately left his home system, and started the communications.
Problem was, I had an archeology dig in the next system, and the Fleet moved in to defend it, when scores of small
surveying vessels entered the system. THEN, just was I was preparing to unleash the wrath of the Emperor upon the
alien heathens, the turn report showed it was the only way out of their home system. So, I conceded the system, and
evacuated everyone out, but when they entered the NEXT system, Proxima, they hit "The Line". I destroyed about 10
or twelve survey ships before they gave up.  ;D

The Imperium as it currently stands. All unbroken jumpgates leading from Sol, are Imperial Space, with Jump Point
defense bases where the Gates end. Time to digest my claimed territory, before one of the other three NPRs finds me
and tries to "horn in" on my turf.  ;)

Oh, and he expanded via Tau Ceti, when I "discouraged" him from adventuring in Proxima. I breathed a sigh of relief.
Too soon, I fear. He ran into a strong Precurser presence in a system next to Tau Ceti. The resulting battle was HUGELY
entertaining, as a prime example of mutual slaughter. He won, but lost half his fleet in doing so, AND many survey ships,
before his fleet finally responded. Since five of the Precurser ships massed 13300 tons, I really didn't know if he'd win
since he had nothing over 7700 tons, and many were armed with particle beams. His missile ships pounded from a
distance, while the others closed to "knife-edge" range. Made me wince to watch it.  ;D

The Aftermath. Wish I dared sneak in a salvage ship.  ;)

Eric

Offline Anarade Relle

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • A
Re: Conceding a contested system. :)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 06:58:10 PM »
Quite the battle!

Offline Starkiller (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 09:06:10 AM »
True! And a classic example of why I rarely use beam armed ships for anything except Point Defense
and Jump Point Defense. I prefer to pound from a distance, or use fighters, which are more difficult
targets for the enemy to hit because of their high speed.

Heh. I recently watched a NPR get his head handed to him. He found StarSwarm in
three different systems. Since he floods a system he is surveying with multiple survey ships, the StarSwarm destroyed about a dozen of them. I really hope he does NOT send in his fleet. His sensor tech can't detect
the Swarmlings until they're right on top of him, and the AI's tendency to target ALL his weapons
on ONE ship, rather than spreading his fire, ensures his defeat when dealing with dozens of 800 ton Swarmlings!

Eric

Offline Deutschbag

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Discord Username: Pwnzerfaust
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 07:43:03 PM »
How does one activate developer mode? I'd love to watch NPRs fight, but whenever I've tried to turn dev mode om it says a password is needed. I'm using 5.53, if that helps.

Offline Din182

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 08:31:55 PM »
You need Steve to give you the password, because he doesn't want people causing bugs and then reporting them.
Invader Fleet #13090 has notified Fleet Command that it intendeds to Unload Trade Goods at Earth!

Offline Deutschbag

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Discord Username: Pwnzerfaust
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 08:45:13 PM »
Ahhh, gotcha. Thanks!

Offline DFDelta

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 10:22:10 PM »
Errm, stupid question, but how do I get the galaxy map to look like that? I never got mine to actually show anything.

Mine just consists of a single green dot with some unreadable text underneath and nothing else, tough I already know over 80 systems, of which I control (more like settled in) about 15.
Constant optimism will not solve your problems, but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 10:59:56 PM »
Errm, stupid question, but how do I get the galaxy map to look like that? I never got mine to actually show anything.

Mine just consists of a single green dot with some unreadable text underneath and nothing else, tough I already know over 80 systems, of which I control (more like settled in) about 15.

Shift-Click to drag systems around.
Make sure to save the map before closing it, or you can start all over again.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany