Author Topic: Is there any way to stop my civilans from snatching up all my infrastructure?  (Read 3441 times)

Offline happy2pester (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • h
I'm trying to stockpile some infrastructure for expansion to other systems, but my civilian shipping lines just keep dumping it all (And more civilians) on mars. Is there any way to stop them from doing this? I know I can set Mars to not receive colonists at this time, but will that stop the shipping lines from moving my infrastructure off world?

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
Civies will only take infrastructure that you construct from one place to another if you have contracts telling them to.

Edit: Sorry, misunderstood. I think they will keep moving trade good infrastructure as long as there is supply and demand. Once Mars has some amount more than they need demand should go away.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:34:43 PM by Ziusudra »

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Try using 'ban body" on the planet making the infrastructure, however this will stop all other trade from occuring.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
the civvies will keep supplying mars as long as the population support is below a safety margin.  Blocking colonists from being shipped to mars will help eventually, as it will reduce the rate of population growth (and therefore of infrastructure demand).

You have two other options here:

*build your own infrastructure and ship it
*steal Martian infrastructure using your state owned ships

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
Try using 'ban body" on the planet making the infrastructure, however this will stop all other trade from occuring.
That doesn't work if you have a colony on the body, (unless that's changed.)

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
Yeah you're probaby right, what about this, just stockpile your infrastructure on Mars?
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
The best way to solve the problem is wait until mars's population is over 25 m and then go to the civillian tab and set the planet as either "stable" or "source of colonists" so long as it is set as a "destination" for colonists the civillians will continue to move people there.

At the moment I am using mars and luna based industry to add more infrastructure as at the moment the vast bulk of it is going to Io and Calisto.  But I also need to build loads more construction factories at the end of the day.

• Petty Officer
  • h
*build your own infrastructure and ship it
*steal Martian infrastructure using your state owned ships

The issue is I am building the infrastructure, with the intention of shipping it elsewhere, and then the civilian shipping lines take it and dump it on mars.

I do like the second plan

The best way to solve the problem is wait until mars's population is over 25 m and then go to the civillian tab and set the planet as either "stable" or "source of colonists" so long as it is set as a "destination" for colonists the civillians will continue to move people there.

I think this is probably what i'm going to go for at this point

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
Infrastructure you are building the civillians have no access to.  They can only move infrastructure from the Trade Goods section unless you give them a contract.

In my game:  Earth produces some thousands of Infrastructure as a trade good.  That is hauled by the civillian firms to Io and Calisto.  At the same time I build on earth infrastructure x32 which is then collected in a BIC pool.  This is the infrastructure that shows up in the summary page of Earth.  Which in my case shows some 100 or so Infrastructure.  The civillian lines only touch this if I set up a contract.

If you build infrastructure on luna (which I do) then what you build, what luna builds and what is delievered as a trade good from earth ends up in a large single pool that is "infrastructure" on the summary page.  The civillians in principle could raid this if it also shows up in the trade good section as an export but otherwise it will not be touched.

The civillian lines will not touch purpose built infrastructure without a contract.  They can only move trade goods automatically.

• Petty Officer
  • h
Infrastructure you are building the civillians have no access to.  They can only move infrastructure from the Trade Goods section unless you give them a contract.

In my game:  Earth produces some thousands of Infrastructure as a trade good.  That is hauled by the civillian firms to Io and Calisto.  At the same time I build on earth infrastructure x32 which is then collected in a BIC pool.  This is the infrastructure that shows up in the summary page of Earth.  Which in my case shows some 100 or so Infrastructure.  The civillian lines only touch this if I set up a contract.

If you build infrastructure on luna (which I do) then what you build, what luna builds and what is delievered as a trade good from earth ends up in a large single pool that is "infrastructure" on the summary page.  The civillians in principle could raid this if it also shows up in the trade good section as an export but otherwise it will not be touched.

The civillian lines will not touch purpose built infrastructure without a contract.  They can only move trade goods automatically.

I don't know what to tell you. The infrastructure I was building was turning up on mars

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
I'm thinking there has to be something else going on there.  Perhaps you should upload your database somewhere for others to take a look at it -- my experience mirrors Paul's, I've built my share of infrastructure and the civilians have never moved it anywhere. 

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
You don't have Mars selected when you are issuing the build orders?

• Petty Officer
  • h
You don't have Mars selected when you are issuing the build orders?

Nope. I had no manufacturing facilities on mars.

I'm thinking there has to be something else going on there.  Perhaps you should upload your database somewhere for others to take a look at it -- my experience mirrors Paul's, I've built my share of infrastructure and the civilians have never moved it anywhere. 

Unfortunatley, because i'm a bit of a perfectionist, and because in that game I was chronically short of duranium, I have since deleted that game and started a new one.

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
because in that game I was chronically short of duranium
Yeah... get used to that.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
Unfortunatley, because i'm a bit of a perfectionist, ......I have since deleted that game and started a new one.

Yeah, get used to that also.