Author Topic: Survey Task Group, Where is it?  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Baron Of Hell (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • B
Survey Task Group, Where is it?
« on: January 16, 2010, 04:58:11 PM »
I open Fast OB Creation window and click on the arrow for Task Groups but not see a Survey Task Group. I see Battle Task Group, Cargo, Colony, and a few others but not Survey Task Group. I'm working my way through the first tutorial V4.77 Tutorial at http://aurora.pentarch.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1860.  

I suspect that maybe the Survey Task Group was renamed or was dropped and I can just used any task group but I'm not completely sure. I could have missed something. If so can you tell me how to get to the Survey Task Group.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Survey Task Group, Where is it?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 05:06:26 PM »
Quote from: "Baron Of Hell"
I open Fast OB Creation window and click on the arrow for Task Groups but not see a Survey Task Group. I see Battle Task Group, Cargo, Colony, and a few others but not Survey Task Group. I'm working my way through the first tutorial V4.77 Tutorial at http://aurora.pentarch.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1860.  

I suspect that maybe the Survey Task Group was renamed or was dropped and I can just used any task group but I'm not completely sure. I could have missed something. If so can you tell me how to get to the Survey Task Group.
The empty Survey Task Group is created at game start. If it is not there for some reason use the Shipyard TG instead.

Steve

Offline Baron Of Hell (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • B
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 06:27:13 PM »
Thanks, that is what I ended up doing. I now know I could have also created the group if I wanted and just moved my ships into it.

Offline AndonSage

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 04:32:19 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
The empty Survey Task Group is created at game start. If it is not there for some reason use the Shipyard TG instead.
I found this thread while searching for another subject, but figured I'd let you know that your Tutorial Part 7: Fast OB Creation window and Basic Fleet Orders has the user renaming the original task group...

Survey ships work best independently so lets split the fleet into two. Select one of the ships in the grid control and press the Detach button (bottom right). This is now a separate fleet. Set up the same default and conditional orders for this fleet too and then reselect the original Survey Task Group. As this is a single ship as well, press Rename TG (bottom left) and give it the same name as the ship so the two geo survey fleets have similar names.
In version 5.02, after renaming the original Survey Task Group, it is no longer available as a task group selection. I don't know if this is working as intended, but that's what is happening.
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles (430 B.C.)
"A government big enough to give you everyt