Author Topic: Hostile mystery planets?  (Read 1058 times)

Offline bamjo (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • b
Hostile mystery planets?
« on: March 13, 2010, 11:27:51 AM »
So in my explorations I've come across several planets that launch missiles at my survey ships, but when I send a scout with active/passive sensors there are no contacts. But the planet will still shoot at my scout. What is launching these missiles, and how do I deal with it? Also they will launch a 40x size 24 missile salvo that just sits on the planet until my ship leaves (could be days later). Often there will be other wrecks around these planets, so I'm not the only one they are shooting at.

I can't shoot at something that isn't a contact, right? But if I try to land troops on this planet my ships will be destroyed as soon as they approach. Are these precursor planets? They are usually colony cost 2, so I really want them.

Offline AtomikKrab

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
Re: Hostile mystery planets?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 01:12:24 PM »
those appear to be precursors with mines, have you tried firing anti missiles at the size 24s? if yes, do they respond with more missiles?

Offline Sotak246

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 11:33:44 AM »
Ran into the same situation a couple of times, one of them I hit a wrong button and ended up looking at the system from the precurser's view point.  Showed several bouys at the planet, so count on them being mines.  Once they launch and you shoot them down, the planet should be safe to explore.

Offline bamjo (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • b
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 12:40:44 PM »
Thanks guys. They were indeed mines. They have been cleared and the system is safe.