Author Topic: partial lab problems  (Read 1449 times)

Offline Thiosk (OP)

• Commodore
partial lab problems
« on: May 30, 2011, 02:48:45 PM »
I'm having an annoyance of labs.   I move labs to research worlds.  Sometimes I have the civvies do the moving, sometimes I move them.  I've noticed rounding issues.  Somehow I ended up with .9 labs at a destination, so I get an unallocated lab warning every turn.  I can't build 0.1 labs, it seems to vanish on completion.  I moved in some extra labs, and now i'm left with 0.01 unallocated labs on one world and 0.89 on another.  I would really like to get rid of the partial, but I cant figure out how to do so in SM mode-- the button to instant production is grey'd out and I haven't found any other relevant details...

Offline LtWarhound

• Chief Petty Officer
  • L
Re: partial lab problems
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 03:10:21 PM »
Turn on SM, F2, SM Mods, select the relevant world, adjust the lab count, save.  At least that's how I think it should work.

*checks, no partial lab, but does find a world with a partial Automated Mine.  Adjusts, saves, verifies*  That worked, should work for a lab as well.

Offline Thiosk (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 03:23:50 PM »
oh thank god, now i see the button.  thanks!!!

Offline Narmio

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 11:35:47 PM »
Yeah, my civvies seem to lose parts of things every now and then.  Silly muppets.  I just SM the bits back when I notice.  It's the easiest fix.

Offline Thiosk (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 11:42:21 PM »
my problems started when I put a cargo hold on a tanker-- the civvies started purchasing tankers en masse.  I've got 17 of the buggers before I realized what they were doing.  They split items up frequently enough that I've linked that to most of my problems.

Offline LtWarhound

• Chief Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 12:34:22 AM »
Yep, thing to remember is that if you build it, they will buy it.  So don't build anything with cargo unless its in multiples of 5.

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 12:47:29 AM »
What you can do is mark it obsolete after you start to retool the shipyard. (You can't retool to an obsolete design.) The civies won't build obsolete designs but you can.