Author Topic: Civilian shipping information toggle?  (Read 2483 times)

Offline vonduus (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • This is your captain speaking
Civilian shipping information toggle?
« on: October 24, 2012, 03:12:03 AM »
Is there a way to turn off the names of the civilian ships? My Shipping line has built some 200 assorted ships, and because I have a thriving colony on Luna, most of them are busy transporting stuff between Earth and the Moon.

The effect of this is that if I zoom out just a little, then the area around Earth is obscured by a large wall of light-blue text.

What I want is a way to turn off the display of civilian ships, whitout losing the names of my own ships in the process.  Is this Possible?

Offline Icecoon

• Lieutenant
Re: Civilian shipping information toggle?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 03:58:50 AM »
There should be a 'Hide civilian ship names' checkbox somewhere. I'm not home so I can't check it out for you.
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 05:47:40 AM »
System map --> Contacts tab --> "Hide Civilian Ship Names"

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 06:50:57 AM »
Is there a way to turn off the names of the civilian ships? My Shipping line has built some 200 assorted ships, and because I have a thriving colony on Luna, most of them are busy transporting stuff between Earth and the Moon.

The effect of this is that if I zoom out just a little, then the area around Earth is obscured by a large wall of light-blue text.

What I want is a way to turn off the display of civilian ships, whitout losing the names of my own ships in the process.  Is this Possible?

If you go to the Contacts tab on the system map, you can set the Contact Filter to "Hide Civilians". That will remove both names and locations from the map.

Steve

Offline vonduus (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • This is your captain speaking
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 07:55:11 AM »
Thanks a lot for the answers.   And thanks for the game, Steve.   Aurora is really a fantastic game, I don't think I have had so good a time since I learned Dwarf Fortress.     :)

edit: When I hide civilian ship names, something funny happens: The game still makes space between my ships, as if the civilian ships were still there.  Which means that I see a few seldom used ships parked close to earth, and my more active ships parked in different distances, some of them far away from earth.  But this is just a minor cosmetic disturbance, as opposed to the semi-opaque blue wall of text, which was quite annoying.  I'll be back with more questions and perhaps, when I get better, with a few suggestions. 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 08:09:27 AM by vonduus »