Author Topic: v1.5.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 52359 times)

Online Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v1.5.1 Bugs Thread
« on: April 15, 2020, 06:03:05 PM »
Please post bugs in this thread for v1.51 (out shortly)

Please check the Known Issues post before posting so see if the problem has already been identified. 'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

Please do not post bugs from previous versions unless they are also present in v1.51.

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including the function number, the complete error text, the window affected, what you were doing at the time, if this was a conventional start and if this was a random stars game. Also if the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off. If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 06:21:11 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Ancalagon

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.51 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 06:08:17 PM »
Spinal weapon bug fixed.

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 06:08:41 PM »
In Reply to my post in Patch 1.50 regarding NPR spawn -

Pretty sure they are NPRs. they have about 151 ships in their Orbit, a big 85k EM Population and ground Forces, were neutral until they shot 2 of my GEV ships, and then also attacked a DIP ship I sent to try and communicate. Their ships seem to be a bit less in TL than mine, like 2500 speed ships and STR-4 Particle beams etc. They do refuse communication from their side, even though they sent me several "unintelligible" Messages.

The only "anomaly" I did in game Setup was choose 2 NPRs.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 06:11:16 PM »
Please post bugs in this thread for v1.51 (out shortly)

Please check the Known Issues post before posting so see if the problem has already been identified. 'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

Please do not post bugs from previous versions unless they are also present in v1.51.

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including the function number, the complete error text, the window affected, what you were doing at the time, if this was a conventional start and if this was a random stars game. Also if the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off. If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well.

I guess still not STO then.

Offline HeroicHan

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 06:16:18 PM »
Not sure if this is WAI, not implemented, or a bug. 
Ground forces on a jungle rift valley world (Fortification multiplier 2. 25?) won't build up fortification beyond 6 (infantry with construction guys in the formation)
I was under the understanding that the fort multiplier was an additional ability to extend the fortification, so it should be going to 13. 5

Again, not sure if maybe I'm missing something somewhere.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 06:19:41 PM »
Ground forces on a jungle rift valley world (Fortification multiplier 2. 25?) won't build up fortification beyond 6 (infantry with construction guys in the formation)
I was under the understanding that the fort multiplier was an additional ability to extend the fortification, so it should be going to 13. 5

The planet terrain is a multiplier to the fortification of the ground units, not a maximum.

The following users thanked this post: HeroicHan

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 06:20:58 PM »

I fixed STO. They are working in v1.5.1

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2020, 06:21:59 PM »
I have a bug where every time I try and post in the bug thread for a particular version, it gets locked because I am slow.  :'(

So please note these are issues from v1. 50.
Setup: New game, default settings except starting NPR set to 0, starting year set to 2000, NPR discovery by NPR set to 0.

Economics window
(Minor Bug) Remember the setting sort by labs vs sort by date
(Minor Bug) Compare button does nothing

View Technology window
(Bug) Prototype weapons and turrets appear in the list as if they are normal components (with no P after them).  Not sure if the intended behaviour is for them to appear at all or if they should have a (P).
(Minor Bug) Size in tons check box does not remember previous setting after closing and reopening

Event Log
(Bug) Weapons and turrets researched with SM instant mode are listed as prototypes in the log.  This also applies to technologies.

Ground Forces
(Bug) You can still add prototype weapons to STOs but you can't add weapons researched with SM instant mode (I made sure of this by renaming the instant weapons but not the prototypes).
With respect to the previous bug I posted, creating the STO as a PD weapon increases the tracking speed but does not seem to be affected by the tracking speed of the turret.

Game Information window (new game)
(Minor Bug) Tooltips only show if highlighting the number, not the text of the setting.

Race Information Window
(Minor Bug) The flag was changed between game setup and opening Race Information, game started with default (which I think is flag0393. JPG) but this changed to flag0000. jpg.

Commanders
(Minor Bug) When starting a new game all naval, ground, scientists and administrators start at the same age (20).  I assume there should be some variation (and on average a step in age for each rank).

Missile Design
(Possible Bug) If enhanced radiation is researched, a missile with WH 1 will change to WH 0 Rad Dmg 2 if the box is ticked.  A missile with effectively 0. 5 WH will change to Rad Dmg 1 if the box is ticked.  Are either of these supposed to be possible?

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2020, 06:27:29 PM »
I've reported this bug before, but it seems to have persisted.

Clean install, Federated Nations save bundled with the V 1.50 DB. I have attached the DB and a screenshot of the bug.

Company HQ unit is rated at 5,000; Company HQ unit in Company HQ formation is rated at 5.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 06:30:07 PM »
I've reported this bug before, but it seems to have persisted.

Clean install, Federated Nations save bundled with the V 1.50 DB. I have attached the DB and a screenshot of the bug.

Company HQ unit is rated at 5,000; Company HQ unit in Company HQ formation is rated at 5.

5 means 5000 if it is on the summary line.

The following users thanked this post: xenoscepter

Offline HeroicHan

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2020, 06:34:29 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10756. msg123602#msg123602 date=1586992781
Quote from: HeroicHan link=topic=10756. msg123598#msg123598 date=1586992578
Ground forces on a jungle rift valley world (Fortification multiplier 2.  25?) won't build up fortification beyond 6 (infantry with construction guys in the formation)
I was under the understanding that the fort multiplier was an additional ability to extend the fortification, so it should be going to 13.  5

The planet terrain is a multiplier to the fortification of the ground units, not a maximum.

Ok.  So I was just misinterpreting the rules.  Thankyou Steve for all your hard work!

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2020, 06:43:17 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10756. msg123602#msg123602 date=1586992781
Quote from: HeroicHan link=topic=10756. msg123598#msg123598 date=1586992578
Ground forces on a jungle rift valley world (Fortification multiplier 2.  25?) won't build up fortification beyond 6 (infantry with construction guys in the formation)
I was under the understanding that the fort multiplier was an additional ability to extend the fortification, so it should be going to 13.  5

Ok.  So I was just misinterpreting the rules.  Thankyou Steve for all your hard work!

I'm confused. In the "Planetary Terrain" post of C# Changes, it states: "On a Jungle Mountain world, the maximum fortification level will be 18 for that same ground unit and any shots against it by the ships will be modified by 0.125, giving the ground unit an effective fortification level of 144."

Why isn't the fortification in HeroicHan's example maxing out at 6*2.25 (jungle rift valley) = 13.5 fortification?

Oh, I just realized. The maximum fortification is 6, but when combat happens the effective fortification is considered to be 13.5. Got it!

Offline Froggiest1982

• Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2020, 06:50:09 PM »

I fixed STO. They are working in v1.5.1

you may update the know issues board when you have 5 min then.

Offline Frank Jager

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2020, 07:01:00 PM »
V1.5

I wasn't fast enough to post in 1.5 bugs board.

While you can create a new top ground forces rank. You don't seem to be able to actually promote anyone into them...

In SM mode, I cant promote any commanders beyond the 8 limit that Aurora comes pre-installed with.
This is not the case with Naval Commanders, as you can create as many of those as you want and promote everyone all the way up the chain

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2020, 07:06:12 PM »
I mentioned this in the other thread by accident but double-clicking to add a multipart order like load a particular construction or unit doesn't work.

Also, order templates wipe out all other queued orders. I understand this isn't strictly a bug, but it would be to be able to queue one order and then apply a template to execute after as in VB6.

The class designer doesn't prevent or warn you from adding multiple types of engines to a single class.

In my latest test game, I encountered this during a production cycle:

Function #2664: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index

Followed by:

Function #2662: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Database is attached.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 07:27:03 PM by Desdinova »