Author Topic: Parameter-based Governor Auto-assignment  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Luna (OP)

• token ruskie
  • Leading Rate
Parameter-based Governor Auto-assignment
« on: July 27, 2020, 08:35:35 PM »
Some kind of system that allows planetary governors to be automatically assigned based on parameters selected by the player.  For example:

A player would select Population Growth for large population center;

Mining for mining colonies;

Shipbuilding for shipyards, and so on.

In the meantime, increments are now so fast that it's hard to spot when an assigned administrator dies.  Could that possibly be turned into a break so it's easier to keep colonies running smoothly?

"I imagine a family of tiny gnomes play a 24/7 game of baseball with your one working neuron" - Zyrr, Nov.   6 2017
"With enough time the list of things you're banned from will be long enough that I can roll it up and wipe my ass with it" - Chevalleis, Nov.   6 2016

The following users thanked this post: Sigarr

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
Re: Parameter-based Governor Auto-assignment
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 09:21:49 PM »
There is an approved mod that allows you to control what events trigger interrupts. 
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11780.0

I agree that it should be possible to automate however; maybe you could have a priority system to help the automation decide who to put where.  The priorities could be set per colony, so for example on col-cost 0 worlds you might have it look like "Population Growth > Production > Mining" while on col-cost 2 worlds it could be "Terraforming > Logistics > Mining".

Offline Luna (OP)

• token ruskie
  • Leading Rate
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 01:03:50 AM »
Yeah, exactly, something like that.
"I imagine a family of tiny gnomes play a 24/7 game of baseball with your one working neuron" - Zyrr, Nov.   6 2017
"With enough time the list of things you're banned from will be long enough that I can roll it up and wipe my ass with it" - Chevalleis, Nov.   6 2016

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 08:04:30 AM »
Some kind of system that allows planetary governors to be automatically assigned based on parameters selected by the player.  For example:

A player would select Population Growth for large population center;

Mining for mining colonies;

Shipbuilding for shipyards, and so on.

In case you missed it, it's coming in 1.12.

The following users thanked this post: Sigarr