C# Aurora > Development Discussions

Screenshots published so far

(1/11) > >>

Steve Walmsley:
This is a locked thread for anyone wanting to look at screenshots without the comments

I'm created this thread to show a few screenshots of C# Aurora as I progress. I have made a lot of progress on the Tactical Map and while it isn't finished, there is enough to provide some idea of what C# Aurora will look like. Bear in mind this is only one window and this is just displaying the current database, not running a turn. However, you could run this alongside Aurora and use it to view the map (which is what I am doing now). All the various display options work so you can toggle on and off.

Also all the systems, fleets, etc are loaded in memory so the swap between systems views is now instant.

Steve Walmsley:
Here are some of the sidebar views. I believe they are improved on current Aurora. Clicking on any Fleet, Ship, Star, System body, etc. will centre the map on that location. The military view can be used to view the forces in the system, or all forces. This is also instant as everything is in memory.

Steve Walmsley:
SM Mode and Auto Turns are now shown as a crystal ball and on/off switch in the tool bar - this makes it easier to see when they are on/off.

Steve Walmsley:
And a couple of Sol system shots

Steve Walmsley:
Another screenshot. This is the contacts sidebar tab on the Tactical Map. The top half allows you to filter contacts on the tactical map. I've replaced the existing filter dropdown for relationship status with individual check boxes for Hostile/Neutral/Friendly/Allied/Civilian. The other check boxes are similar to existing Aurora. The Spacetime Bubble only appears in the check box list when SM Mode is on.

The lower half displays all known contacts broken down by alien race and system. This can be filtered for the current system only. I'll create a larger and more customisable version of this section for the Intelligence window.

BTW there are two race dropdowns in the sidebar. The first is always present and replaces the existing default race selection from the (now defunct) menu bar. Essentially, this dropdown changes the race view for the whole application. The second race dropdown (below systems) only appears in SM mode and contains a list of other races with knowledge of the current system. For both race dropdowns, if you select a race and it has knowledge of the current system, that system will automatically be selected for viewing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version