Author Topic: Minor Request - Additional Medal Conditions  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Kristover (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Minor Request - Additional Medal Conditions
« on: January 03, 2021, 12:17:08 PM »
I tend to play Aurora as an RPG and I love playing with the officer system, hierarchies, and medals.  One thing I note is after several C+ games is some of the medal conditions are difficult to achieve if you are using realistic promotions.  None of my officers stay in position long enough to meet some of the gates like discovering 1000 bodies with minerals.  I would like some additional conditions to allow me to create additional and achievable medals and judging off a look at the DB it seems like it would be easy to add with no new coding.  Request the following conditions be added:

Destroy 500,000 tons of Military Shipping
Destroy 5,000,0000 tons of Commercial Shipping
Destroy 250,000 tons of Hostile Ground Forces

(In some of my longer games I have created some super warships whose Captains have come close to achieving these conditions)

Participate in Three Combat Drops (both formation & transport)
Participate in 10 Combat Drops (both formation & transport)

(I find that especially my transports reach 5 drops pretty easily and my specialized marine ground forces will reach 3 to 5 clearing a single system)

Destroy 500 Hostile Missiles
Destroy 2500 Hostile Missiles

(I haven't had any Commander hit 2500 hostile missiles but I have had a few hit 1000 and get quite a bit over it)

Survive 3 Ship Destructions

(I had a Commander recently reach this distinction and I thought it should be recognized)

Discover 3 New Star Systems
Discover 5 New Star Systems

(Very few of my Survey Captains stay in position long enough to discover 10 new star systems - it has happened - and none reached 25.  I would like gradations of 3 & 5 because enough of my survey Captains reach these marks)

Discover 1 System Bodies with Minerals
Discover 10 System Bodies with Minerals
Discover 50 System Bodies with Minerals

(This is the one which I had the most issues.  I think I had a Commander ONCE reach 100 system bodies with minerals because he discovered two systems with couple hundred asteroids and he stayed in an abnormally long time.  I haven't yet had a single Commander even get a quarter of a way to 1000.  1, 10, 50, 100 seems like a right set of achievable gates)

Discover 1 Jump Point
Discover 3 Jump Points
Discover 5 Jumps Points

(100 JPs is not achievable unless you are immortal.  I haven't had a Commander yet hit 10.  Most only hit 1 to 3 before the automated promotions send them onward).

Stabilise 5 Jump Points or Lagrange Points

(Purely to keep it roughly in line with the Discover JP hierarchy)

Recover 1 Abandoned Installations

(On some of the smaller alien ruins, there might be only a few installations recoverable and if there is more than one Engineering unit present, the Commander only might get 1 installation)

Five years of Service, Ten years of Service, Fifteen years of Service, Twenty years of Service, Twenty-Five years of Service, Thirty Years of Service, Thirty-Five years of Service, Forty Years of Service

(Not strictly necessary - I would be fine with keeping 10,20,30 - but I think I would like to see gradations of five because it would tell me a bit more about length of service and give each officer a shot at more bling)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 02:15:28 PM by Kristover »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Minor Request - Additional Medal Conditions
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 12:26:17 PM »
I support this. Some more gradations would be helpful for giving commanders a sense of career progression with medals.

For some of the higher-valued survey conditions it might help if the "discovery" was attributed to the higher-up admin commanders as well as the ship commanders, as realistically no one stays in command of a survey ship long enough to reach some of those conditions unless auto-promotions are disabled (generally or for those captains).