Author Topic: v1.9.2 Bugs Thread  (Read 8780 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v1.9.2 Bugs Thread
« on: April 29, 2020, 04:44:41 PM »
Please post bugs in this thread for v1.9.2

Please check the Known Issues post before posting so see if the problem has already been identified or is working as intended.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10637.0

'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

Please do not post bugs from previous versions unless you confirm they are still present in v1.9.2

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including:
  • The function number
  • The complete error text
  • The window affected
  • What you were doing at the time
  • Conventional or TN start
  • Random or Real Stars
  • Is your decimal separator a comma?
  • Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
  • If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 08:54:12 PM by Erik L »

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline alvin853

• Petty Officer
  • a
Re: v1.9.2 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 04:57:40 PM »
The receiving population of a mass driver mineral transfer doesn't list the received minerals in the "Mass Driver" column of the "Mining" tab or in the "Recent SP" column, but the minerals are correctly added to the total "Stockpile"

I'm sending minerals from a civilian mining colony purchasing the output if that matters at all.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 04:59:43 PM by alvin853 »

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 05:04:02 PM »
The receiving population of a mass driver mineral transfer doesn't list the received minerals in the "Mass Driver" column of the "Mining" tab or in the "Recent SP" column, but the minerals are correctly added to the total "Stockpile"

I'm sending minerals from a civilian mining colony purchasing the output if that matters at all.

This mass driver +/- display bug seems identical to the one from VB6.

I think the problem might be that the "mass driver" column only reports the mass driver minerals received on the previous sub-pulse rather than entire pulse, but I haven't confirmed this fully.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 05:09:08 PM by Ancalagon »

Offline alvin853

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 05:10:04 PM »

This mass driver bug seems identical to the one from VB6.

I think the problem might be that the "mass driver" column only reports the mass driver minerals received on the previous sub-pulse rather than entire pulse.

Bug can be reproduced even when sub-pulse length is set to the same as increment length, but if I advance time one hour at a time, the received minerals are shown after the package arrived all the way until the next production cycle happened. So I'm guessing it's just showing the received minerals during the current production cycle, which is 0 most of the time.

The following users thanked this post: Ancalagon

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 05:14:01 PM »
Minor bug. When updating my campaign from 1.9 to 1.9.2, my lunar colony had 1% stability, and now has 100% stability. Really minor, all things considered.

Offline Noriad

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 05:15:35 PM »
Water vapor is a potent greenhouse gas. Look it up. But in the game it is treated like a "normal" gas.

The following users thanked this post: BAGrimm, Narhalles

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 05:22:21 PM »
There seems to be a new issue with the troop Transport capacity.

started in 1.90, updated to 1.92, 3 years into the campaign

Troop carrier with 10x Standard Troop bays = Troop Capacity 10,000 tons
wants to load a size 9,872 Formation ->
"TT X unable to load Ground Units from Terra as the available capacity was insufficent for the target Formation"

and i just tested loading a size 937 formation, same error - the TT design does not look too wrong to me and should be able to handle this:

Code: [Select]
TT Austria  (Zambia class Troop Transport)      29,624 tons       186 Crew       687.7 BP       TCS 592    TH 750    EM 0
1265 km/s    JR 2-25(C)      Armour 1-85       Shields 0-0       HTK 68      Sensors 6/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
MSP 14    Max Repair 54.9 MSP
Troop Capacity 10,000 tons     Cargo Shuttle Multiplier 2   
Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 9 months   

Fuchida-O'Brien JC30K Commercial Jump Drive     Max Ship Size 30000 tons    Distance 25k km     Squadron Size 2

Airbus/ESA Commercial Improved Nuclear Pulse Engine  EP125.0 (6)    Power 750    Fuel Use 7.83%    Signature 125    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 500,000 Litres    Range 38.8 billion km (354 days at full power)

Philips Active Search Sensor AS30-R160 (1)     GPS 2560     Range 30m km    Resolution 160
Philips Thermal Sensor TH1.0-6 (1)     Sensitivity 6     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  19.4m km

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

Addendum: I just noticed the formation is loaded into the Transports but still gave that error. Maybe queuing 2 load orders for the 2-ship Transport fleet was the error?
Addendum 2: unloading both formations from the 2 ship fleet and loading 1 back in produces the pickup failed message again, but the TT has the formation loaded afterwards.
Addendum 3: My empire only has these 2 sub-10k formations (pic5) and the Troop Transport fleet states the capacity of 20k (pic6), and I know I moved a 50kt Brigade (a 10kt Brigade HQ, 3 10kt Regiments and 2 5kt support batallions) with 5 similar ships in 1.80, so I kinda wonder what is going wrong here.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 05:45:13 PM by Demonius »

Offline Caplin

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 05:36:10 PM »
It sounds like the system is trying to load all the formations, whether it has the capacity for them or not. I haven't messed with ground troops specifically but can you specify  maximum amount to load?

Offline Waldschrat

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • W
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 06:29:19 PM »
I have the same issues with troop transports.   
I'm using a fleet of 5 transport ships with 15,000 carrying capacity each to transport units with size of 15,000 per unit.    First i tried to specify 5 of these units to be loaded which gave the errors (not for the first transport ship though) and only one was picked up, then i tried only loading one unit which gave the same error messages but again not for the first transport ship and the unit got picked up, then i detached one transport ship and loaded one unit which gave no error messages and got picked up successfully.   

edit: Version 1.  9.  2 (not a fresh save though but was an issue in 1.  9.  0 as well)
decimal seperator: .
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 06:31:45 PM by Waldschrat »

The following users thanked this post: Demonius

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 08:53:50 PM »
I'm using a fleet of 5 transport ships with 15,000 carrying capacity each to transport units with size of 15,000 per unit.    First i tried to specify 5 of these units to be loaded which gave the errors (not for the first transport ship though) and only one was picked up, then i tried only loading one unit which gave the same error messages but again not for the first transport ship and the unit got picked up, then i detached one transport ship and loaded one unit which gave no error messages and got picked up successfully.   

edit: Version 1.  9.  2 (not a fresh save though but was an issue in 1.  9.  0 as well)

I don't believe you can split ground troops between ships.

The following users thanked this post: UberWaffe

Offline Second Foundationer

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2020, 09:19:29 PM »
I have accidentally reproduced a bug reported by smoelf in the 1. 9. 0 thread hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=11135. msg129111#msg129111.  From your reply I conclude that it isn't solved.  Maybe this helps to sort it out.

1. 9 conventional start/upgraded to 1. 9. 2 some way in.  Designed a ground unit, clicked Create.  Then, I realized that a thing with the boastful title "Tank Destroyer" should have stronger armour.  So, I deleted the unresearched tech in the planetary Economics/Research tab.  Designed a new unit with the right armour, and with the same name as the original.  Researched it.  After that, I suddenly had two units with the same name.  For a second I thought that I had accidentally designed and researched the same thing twice; but they are two different units with different armour, and I verified in the event log  that I only researched it once.  I can rename them separately without trouble, but when I obsolete one, it automatically obsoletes the other.  I looked it up in the db's GroundUnitClass table: Two different GroundUnitClassIDs, but identical TechSystemID as in the original report.

Of course, I don't really know what's involved here; but from the behaviour, I'd guess that the Delete Tech for race-designed tech does not work properly.

Offline tywudtke

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 09:24:45 PM »
Quote from: Waldschrat link=topic=11159.   msg129286#msg129286 date=1588202959
I'm using a fleet of 5 transport ships with 15,000 carrying capacity each to transport units with size of 15,000 per unit.       First i tried to specify 5 of these units to be loaded which gave the errors (not for the first transport ship though) and only one was picked up, then i tried only loading one unit which gave the same error messages but again not for the first transport ship and the unit got picked up, then i detached one transport ship and loaded one unit which gave no error messages and got picked up successfully.     

edit: Version 1.     9.     2 (not a fresh save though but was an issue in 1.     9.     0 as well)

Sounds to me like its loading the first unit into the first ship, then since there is room left in the first ship it tries to put the next unit in there too, but errors out cause there is not enough room
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 09:36:18 PM by tywudtke »

Offline pwhk

• p
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2020, 10:20:17 PM »
v1.9.2
Minor thing, looks like under the "Commanders" window, you can still find "Xenoarchaeology" filter in the drop down under Naval Officer search, despite I don't think it is used anymore (or will any Naval Officer have the skill)

Offline Tyrannus Rex

• Petty Officer
  • Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no b
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2020, 11:08:30 PM »
Just finished setting my 1.  9 game.   Saw minor naming bug when creating system during 1.  9.   As named planets other than homeworld would retain original star name in the Summary window (all tabs).   Updated to 1.  9.  2 bug still present as naming did not change even though renamed in system generation view.   Can be changed by changing name in the summary window, did not change when I updated the name in the system generation window.   

Conventional start
decimal separator
Random stars
1 NPR
Created star system Named planets for RP elements
No turns taken

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2020, 11:21:12 PM »
Just finished setting my 1.  9 game.   Saw minor naming bug when creating system during 1.  9.   As named planets other than homeworld would retain original star name in the Summary window (all tabs).   Updated to 1.  9.  2 bug still present as naming did not change even though renamed in system generation view.   Can be changed by changing name in the summary window, did not change when I updated the name in the system generation window.   

Conventional start
decimal separator
Random stars
1 NPR
Created star system Named planets for RP elements
No turns taken
I'm not sure if I completely understand the issue, but system bodies and populations (aka colonies) have separate names. So, changing the name of one does not necessarily change the name of the other. If you create a colony on "Luna", and change the colony name to "Moonbase Alpha", the body will still be called "Luna" on the system view. If you then change the body name to "The Moon", the colony will still be called "Moonbase Alpha" on the colony summary. There is checkbox you can press on the colony summary window that will show both names together.