Author Topic: Multiple bugs - Signing up is VERY DIFFICULT  (Read 3710 times)

Offline Tangent (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
Multiple bugs - Signing up is VERY DIFFICULT
« on: October 21, 2019, 10:13:07 PM »
I had to attempt signing up for the forum four times before getting an account.  I received no email about the account, and only realized I needed someone to approve my account because I figured "well I guess I'll try logging in" and found I wasn't allowed.

Still no email, but hey, apparently I've been approved now.

I took screenshots of the issues I encountered, which includes dumb captchas that are impossible to answer, and being told my email is invalid and that my username has been taken.  :/

Bugs encountered: https://imgur. com/a/XQK6Ynk

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Multiple bugs - Signing up is VERY DIFFICULT
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 11:09:00 PM »
I have ceased requiring an email activation as there were too many hiccups with it. That being said, I still do it in limited cases. Mostly when the "reason why joining" is not related to Aurora/4x games/etc.

You should have received a welcome email. The Pluto question is properly answered with "yes" so I am unsure why it did not accept your yes. Unless you had a trailing space or something. There are a number or gmail users so there is no reason I can see why yours would be marked as invalid. As for the username, it is possible you attempted another registration after I had approved you.

Offline Tangent (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 06:17:09 PM »
You should have received a welcome email.

I have double-checked, including spam, and have none.  I have also double-checked the email entered in here to verify I have not misspelled it.  I'm not too concerned now that I have an active account, but there definitely is still some kind of issue.

My sign-up attempts were sequential over around 10-20 minutes, and was given nothing but failed captcha errors until receiving the error that the account exists, so I dunno how that happened on the back end.  Thank you for the prompt response, and I'm glad to be here now.

Offline Tyrell

• Leading Rate
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 02:43:25 PM »
Same here - I never received Email telling me I'm in.
Do - or do not. There is no 'try'.

Offline Geezer

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 03:12:00 PM »
No email here either, but I just checked my login and it worked.   Thanks!
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - George Bernard Shaw