Author Topic: How to Assign Mothership  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Adseria (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
How to Assign Mothership
« on: April 23, 2020, 11:39:45 AM »
I can't seem to find the button. How do I assign a parasite to a mothership?

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Re: How to Assign Mothership
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 11:40:32 AM »
Please see my carrier operations tutorial on how to land, assign and launch fighters in C#

The following users thanked this post: Adseria, skoormit

Offline Adseria (OP)

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 12:18:06 PM »
Yes, I just watched it. You cover how to launch and land parasites, but not how to actually assign the mothership.

EDIT: Just worked it out. I assumed that assigning the mothership had to be done before the parasite could be ordered to land, the same as VB6.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 12:20:12 PM by Adseria »

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 12:19:04 PM »
There is a land +assign order on movement orders when all the fighters are in 1 fleet with the mothership fleet as the target.

The following users thanked this post: Adseria

Offline Adseria (OP)

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 12:24:39 PM »
Ok, new question: How to load ordnance (missiles, fighter pods, etc) from the magazine of a mothership to the box launcher (or other launcher/magazine) of a parasite in the hangar?

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 06:01:27 AM »
Ok, new question: How to load ordnance (missiles, fighter pods, etc) from the magazine of a mothership to the box launcher (or other launcher/magazine) of a parasite in the hangar?
If you want all of your fighters to have the same loadout, set it in the Ordnance and Fighters tab in the Class Design window.  This does not affect existing fighters, but will be applied to new ones.  SMed fighters will include ordnance.  Motherships will not spawn with fighters.

To set the loadout for a specific fighter, select it in the Naval Organization window.  Select the Ordnance Template tab.  Double click a missile to add it to the ship template.  There are convenience buttons on the right to copy loadout templates to/from the class or other fighters in the same fleet.  The mothership will automatically begin loading.  See the fighter's Ship Design Display tab to get the remaining load/unload time.

For the record, having tested it once, I already like this system so much better than the old one.  :)

Offline Adseria (OP)

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 01:18:34 PM »
If you want all of your fighters to have the same loadout, set it in the Ordnance and Fighters tab in the Class Design window.  This does not affect existing fighters, but will be applied to new ones.  SMed fighters will include ordnance.  Motherships will not spawn with fighters.

To set the loadout for a specific fighter, select it in the Naval Organization window.  Select the Ordnance Template tab.  Double click a missile to add it to the ship template.  There are convenience buttons on the right to copy loadout templates to/from the class or other fighters in the same fleet.  The mothership will automatically begin loading.  See the fighter's Ship Design Display tab to get the remaining load/unload time.

For the record, having tested it once, I already like this system so much better than the old one.  :)

Ok, thanks. Shame I can't see the copy/paste buttons you mentioned, but oh well  :)