Author Topic: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 26277 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2010, 02:25:45 PM »
Quote from: "Soralin"
6. On the intelligence and foreign relation screen, where you can change the color of the hostile/friendly states, and perhaps elsewhere where you can change color in the same way, but I can't find any right now.  If you click to change a color, and then click the x on the screen that comes up, instead of canceling and leaving the color the same, it sets the color to the last color you set something to (or black if you haven't set any color before)
Fixed for v5.20

Steve

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2010, 10:33:03 PM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
Quote from: "James Patten"
I may have a bug.  I started with a conventional (pre-TN) start, with some ICBM missile bases.  I tried refitting one to a TN design, but after spending all the time and resources on it nothing appeared to have happened.

PDC refits (at least for missile bases) have been broke for a while now.  What I do is spend the "money" to refit all the bases, then edit the ICBM missile base class (the "refit from" class) properties and delete the "refit to" class (that doesn't have any bases bound to it).

John

I didn't see a reply to this from Steve so I am 'bumping' it. [spoiler:1hihppsz]I personally find that massed PDCs are the most economical solution to the Invaders, so this was a biggy when trying to refit 20 PDCs :D[/spoiler:1hihppsz]

(We don't have a forum policy for 'bumping', should we?)

Offline Sotak246

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #197 on: July 29, 2010, 01:26:06 PM »
Got an annoying bug involving civilian shipping.  Two of the 3 jump points from my home system formed a loop ( Sol-New York-Washington-Sol).  Neither of the 2 systems had any other JP or decent colony sites, so my long term plan was to turn them into mining sites for my home world.  Did not set up any colonies but had my construction ships build JumpGates at all the JPs.  The bug started when my 2 civilian shipping companies started sending freighters along the route for no reason.  Now I am getting a message fromt 2 different fleets, cannot carry out jump orders as a ship is too big for the jump rateing, every 2 game hours, so I can't advance any sort of decent time.

Offline mfaggi

• Leading Rate
  • m
« Reply #198 on: July 30, 2010, 03:33:37 AM »
   mfaggi wrote:Hello everyone, this is my first post, so i hope i am using the right thread, i am using v5.14...

I have been playing 2091, and after defeating a lot of invaders i salvaged their technology.
    Suddenly, after salvaging a CIWS (and getting Gauss Cannon Rate of Fire 2 and a Turret tracking Speed level), i did get some errors, which i unfortunately do not remember. After that i notice that all of my active research isnt showing anymore on the research screen in the population and production window, and all research labs are "avaiable" again.
    The summary tab did not show anything anymore, but the industry tab still worked, so i restarted the game and now Earth is gone (just as if i had abandoned it).

Sorry that i did not really read the eroors, but i have the stevefire.mdb if you want it...

Otherwise a great game, thanks for your hard work!

Any errors you see can be retrieved on the Events window. Click the Show Errors checkbox in the top right of the window and check the date in the event list when the error occurred.

It sounds like the population on Earth was abandoned, as if you had used the Abandon button on the F2 window. If that was the case, it may be that is was gone before the restart. Did you try closing and opening the F2 window before restarting the program or did you go straight to a restart? It may be that the salvaging is a red herring and not related to the disappearance of Earth as I can't see a connection code-wise between the two.

Steve

I had copied the whole game before restarting.
I did not abandon the colony (as far as i know, there even is a confirmation dialog, i hopefully did not make that mistake). The events windows does not show any errors for me (yes, i klicked the field).
I did try to reopen the window, but it did not show any difference, earth was still gone.

welchbloke wrote:

mfaggi wrote:Hi everyone!

I am using v5.14 and for the first time tried to use my newly aquired plasma torpedoes, only to find out that they do not seem to work.
        I can fire them, but they seem to only run for 5 seconds, then run out of endurance and get destroyed.
        They also seem to be unable to hit, even if the firing ship and the target sit on top of each other, and they are doing 80000000km/s instead of 80000km/s, which they should do.

I don't know what the root cause is but the lack of endurance could be due to the erroneous speed. If Aurora is trying to calculate the firing using 80 000 000 km/s as the torpedo speed then it would only take 0.32 of a second for the torpedo to reach its maximum range. The FTL torpedo speed may well be the cause of the to hit errors as well.

Good guess. The design for player-created PTs is being saved with the speed 1000x higher than it should be. Oops! Fixed for v5.20. In the meantime, for those players with access to the database, the fix is to go into the Missiles table and correct the speed for the plasma torpedo.

Steve

As half my fleet is equipped with those Plasma torpedoes, how do you access the database? I would certainly like to fix this...

Thanks
mfaggi

Offline backstab

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #199 on: July 30, 2010, 11:45:02 PM »
Has anyone ever been bombarded by population before ?????

[attachment=0:3sdiwd3c]Pop.png[/attachment:3sdiwd3c]
Move foward and draw fire

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #200 on: July 31, 2010, 01:04:03 AM »
Quote from: "backstab"
Has anyone ever been bombarded by population before ?????

[attachment=0:1jw1lbmh]Pop.png[/attachment:1jw1lbmh]

Did you send in packet and move the mass driver? Also are there any hostile ships in the system?

Offline backstab

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2010, 02:39:20 AM »
It was done by an "Invader" ship which bombarded Mars ... instread of killing population, for some reason it added population and infrastructure
Move foward and draw fire

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #202 on: July 31, 2010, 06:01:39 AM »
It was done by an "Invader" ship which bombarded Mars ... instread of killing population, for some reason it added population and infrastructure
What a great weapon; I wonder how I develop it  :D
Welchbloke

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #203 on: July 31, 2010, 10:25:25 AM »
An update on a previously reported bug.  When I use Ctl F3 to open the event window from the F12 Task Group window it also opened the F3 system map window.  I had the same problem with all the standard F# windows exept F8 which would not bring up the event window at all.  With the Cntl-F# screens the only one that brought up the event screen was the Cntl-F12, but that also brought up the system map as well.  

I know that Steve has fixed to original bug but I thought I would mention the difference between the different types of screens.  It would be nice if all of the screens had the same keys bringing up the same screens.

Brian

Offline iamlenb

• Petty Officer
  • i
« Reply #204 on: August 02, 2010, 02:10:54 AM »
v5.14
Industry screen

I can specify a percentage of construction when creating a new task over 100% if the Projects queue is empty per each type Industry/Ordinance/Fighter

For Example:
Creating a task of 100 Construction Factories at 100% gives me 1079.4 Production Rate from 30 factories.

Creating a task of 100 Construction Factories at 500% gives me 5397 Production Rate from same 30 factories.

Verified that task creation bug is in effect only when queue is empty.

Modifying a task at over 100% upwards runs into the "over 100% pop up dialog box" while modifying down works even if resulting % of Capacity is over 100%.

Regards,
Len

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #205 on: August 02, 2010, 02:59:30 PM »
Shouldn't this be a military design?

Code: [Select]
Oliver H Perry class Troop Transport    19400 tons     208 Crew     571 BP      TCS 388  TH 1000  EM 0
2577 km/s     Armour 1-64     Shields 0-0     Sensors 6/6/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
Maint Capacity 18 MSP    Max Repair 50 MSP
Troop Capacity: 5 Battalions    

Magneto-plasma Drive E0.7 (5)    Power 200    Fuel Use 7%    Signature 200    Armour 0    Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres    Range 66.3 billion km   (297 days at full power)

"Therma-6" Commercial Scanner (1)     Sensitivity 6     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  6m km
"Magne-6" Commercial Scanner (1)     Sensitivity 6     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  6m km

This design is classed as a commercial vessel for maintenance purposes

I thought troop bays were a pure military system?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #206 on: August 02, 2010, 03:31:10 PM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
Shouldn't this be a military design?

Code: [Select]
Oliver H Perry class Troop Transport    19400 tons     208 Crew     571 BP      TCS 388  TH 1000  EM 0
2577 km/s     Armour 1-64     Shields 0-0     Sensors 6/6/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
Maint Capacity 18 MSP    Max Repair 50 MSP
Troop Capacity: 5 Battalions    

Magneto-plasma Drive E0.7 (5)    Power 200    Fuel Use 7%    Signature 200    Armour 0    Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres    Range 66.3 billion km   (297 days at full power)

"Therma-6" Commercial Scanner (1)     Sensitivity 6     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  6m km
"Magne-6" Commercial Scanner (1)     Sensitivity 6     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  6m km

This design is classed as a commercial vessel for maintenance purposes
I thought troop bays were a pure military system?
Troop bays are commercial but combat drop modules are military. You can create a commercial troop ship but it takes a long time to unload in comparison to a military ship equipped with drop modules that can drop troops instantly on to their objective.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #207 on: August 02, 2010, 03:34:03 PM »
Quote from: "iamlenb"
v5.14
Industry screen

I can specify a percentage of construction when creating a new task over 100% if the Projects queue is empty per each type Industry/Ordinance/Fighter

For Example:
Creating a task of 100 Construction Factories at 100% gives me 1079.4 Production Rate from 30 factories.

Creating a task of 100 Construction Factories at 500% gives me 5397 Production Rate from same 30 factories.

Verified that task creation bug is in effect only when queue is empty.

Modifying a task at over 100% upwards runs into the "over 100% pop up dialog box" while modifying down works even if resulting % of Capacity is over 100%.
I checked and I think I have already fixed this one for v5.20. There is now code to reduce the percentage to 100 if you set it to higher.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #208 on: August 02, 2010, 03:35:02 PM »
Someone else reported a bug where an invader ship was doing negative damage. It sounds like this may be a symptom of that same problem. I still haven't reproduced it though.

Steve

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2010, 05:11:14 PM »
I think Kurt or Eric has reported this before. I have seven engineering Brigades on Mars to construct a prefab-PDC, But with six months to go the amount remaining to be built is 100%, the construction rate is 100.5 completion date October 2030. Looks like the ability of Engineering Brigades to construct Prefab-PDCs is still not working. I have managed to built a prefab-PDC on Titan, but there are construction factories contributing there, construction rate 107.8, completion date February 2030 for the second of a pair. Construction at both sites began at approximately same time. version is 5.14.

Regards.
IanD