Author Topic: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 26285 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2010, 05:01:33 AM »
Quote from: "dooots"
Plasma Torpedo Integrity Rating 1 says "The time in seconds in which the warhead will reduce by one point of strength" in the description.

All other ratings say "Plasma torpedo warheads are reduced by 1 every (100,000 km x Integrity Rating)"
The latter is the correct description. I have changed the description for rating 1.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #181 on: July 28, 2010, 05:10:17 AM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
With "Show size in tons" selected on the tech design screen, cloaking devices do not show size in tons.
Unfortunately, I can't recreate this one. Cloaking devices are showing up in tons in my current version. I've checked the code that displays tons or HS and it doesn't distinguish between different types of system. Please can you check to see if this is repeatable.

Steve

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2010, 07:54:58 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
With "Show size in tons" selected on the tech design screen, cloaking devices do not show size in tons.
Unfortunately, I can't recreate this one. Cloaking devices are showing up in tons in my current version. I've checked the code that displays tons or HS and it doesn't distinguish between different types of system. Please can you check to see if this is repeatable.

Steve

Shouldn't the highlighted bit be in tons?[attachment=0:kemev102]cloak.png[/attachment:kemev102]

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #183 on: July 28, 2010, 08:22:14 AM »
Shouldn't the highlighted bit be in tons?
Oops! Because I didn't read the original post correctly, I assumed we were talking about the class design window, not the tech design window :). I have fixed the problem for cloaking systems on the Tech Design window for v5.20

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #184 on: July 28, 2010, 08:25:35 AM »
Quote from: "Mini"
This may already have been posted (I did search) but if you build a ship without retooling a shipyard to that specific design (building it from a shipyard tooled to a similar ship design) it doesn't lock the design.
Fixed for v5.20. Building any ship, regardless of whether the shipyard is tooled for that class, will lock the associated class design.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #185 on: July 28, 2010, 08:30:36 AM »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
5.14 bug

When I got the error "fleet does not contain a jumpgate construction ship" for several times, I looked through the NPRs and discovered a JCS with a damaged JGC-module. After deleting the JCS, the error went away. Seems the AI doesn´t check, if the JGC-module is actually in working order, when asigning orders.
Added a check for operable JGC modules to v5.20

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2010, 08:35:16 AM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
This does not cause an error report; however, it will affect the game play.  Every now and again I use Designer Mode to 'Pop in on the nieghbours' and check up on how they are doing, especially if I think there might be some combat going on  :D .  Anyway, I regularly find NPR fleets that have a jumpship with enough consorts to take it beyond the number of allowable squandron transit slots.  Consequently, they are stuck in a system generating 'Transit failure - too many ships' alerts.  It might be a good idea to alter the AI to ensure that fleets break down into a size no greater than the allowed squadron transit size before attempting a squadron transit.
Fixed for v5.20. NPRs now check the maximum jump rating of jump ships before deciding whether to combine task groups.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #187 on: July 28, 2010, 08:37:21 AM »
Gauss Cannon Rate of Fire 8 gives Gauss Cannons a rate of fire of 10 shots every 5 seconds.
Fixed for v5.20.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #188 on: July 28, 2010, 08:49:28 AM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
I think that this is a 'bug/feature' that shouldn't be fixed ...

I performed a Geological Survey using a Team on Earth a couple of years into my game when the team was at about 170 points - I had them do about 6 surveys on other smaller bodies to up their points before hand.

Recently, I started to create more Martians on Earth to increase their total percentage in the Empire and stop having them get antsy about being a minority. This creates a new 'Colony' on Earth, and at the same time it resets the 'Geological Team Survey - Completed' flag! So, I took that as an opportunity to resurvey Earth using the old team that is now over 200 points. It is finding some nice stuff :)
Can't recreate this one, although its possible I have already fixed it.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #189 on: July 28, 2010, 08:51:40 AM »
You don't have to research Minimum Cloak Size 25 to be able to make a cloaking device.
Min Cloak Size 25 should be a free tech anyway. I have fixed it for v5.20.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #190 on: July 28, 2010, 08:53:43 AM »
Hitting ctrl-F3 on the economics window opens the systems map and the event log instead of just the event log.
That might have been an inadvertent double-press. Trying holding ctrl and then press F3. It seems to just open the Events window.

Steve

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #191 on: July 28, 2010, 09:10:22 AM »
Hitting ctrl-F3 on the economics window opens the systems map and the event log instead of just the event log.
That might have been an inadvertent double-press. Trying holding ctrl and then press F3. It seems to just open the Events window.

Steve

I can verify Dooots error. I get that too. It works fine from the main bar (which is how I normally open it) but off of the Economics window, I get the System Map also.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #192 on: July 28, 2010, 09:13:40 AM »

Steve

I can verify Dooots error. I get that too. It works fine from the main bar (which is how I normally open it) but off of the Economics window, I get the System Map also.
Ditto for me.

brian

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #193 on: July 28, 2010, 12:09:56 PM »
If a TG is joined by another TG using the Join command on the Task Groups screen, the remaining TG takes the speed of the second task group as its set speed, even if it is higher than the max speed of the receiving TG.
Welchbloke

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #194 on: July 28, 2010, 01:52:24 PM »
Found and Fixed for v5.20

Steve