Author Topic: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 26239 times)

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2010, 05:57:36 PM »
Quote from: "IanD"
I think Kurt or Eric has reported this before. I have seven engineering Brigades on Mars to construct a prefab-PDC, But with six months to go the amount remaining to be built is 100%, the construction rate is 100.5 completion date October 2030. Looks like the ability of Engineering Brigades to construct Prefab-PDCs is still not working. I have managed to built a prefab-PDC on Titan, but there are construction factories contributing there, construction rate 107.8, completion date February 2030 for the second of a pair. Construction at both sites began at approximately same time. version is 5.14.

Regards.

I have reported this with multiple versions, but IIRC, Steve has had problems recreating this one.  

Kurt

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #211 on: August 03, 2010, 11:23:45 AM »
I think Kurt or Eric has reported this before. I have seven engineering Brigades on Mars to construct a prefab-PDC, But with six months to go the amount remaining to be built is 100%, the construction rate is 100.5 completion date October 2030. Looks like the ability of Engineering Brigades to construct Prefab-PDCs is still not working. I have managed to built a prefab-PDC on Titan, but there are construction factories contributing there, construction rate 107.8, completion date February 2030 for the second of a pair. Construction at both sites began at approximately same time. version is 5.14.
Fixed for v5.20. The problem was that only populations with factories were being checked for industrial projects.

Steve

Offline ndkid

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • n
« Reply #212 on: August 03, 2010, 05:13:53 PM »
On the galactic map, as far as I can tell, just about every checkbox's value will persist across different openings of that window except the Show Race Control Colour checkbox... that one's state doesn't seem to be getting saved or, if it is, it isn't being reloaded when the window is reopened.

Online Zed 6

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #213 on: August 03, 2010, 06:33:28 PM »
I also find on the galactic map that Display/Survey "Show Distance From Selected Distance" is also not persistent.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #214 on: August 04, 2010, 12:31:02 PM »
Quote from: "Zed 6"
I also find on the galactic map that Display/Survey "Show Distance From Selected System" is also not persistent.
Fixed for v5.20

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #215 on: August 04, 2010, 12:36:06 PM »
Quote from: "ndkid"
On the galactic map, as far as I can tell, just about every checkbox's value will persist across different openings of that window except the Show Race Control Colour checkbox... that one's state doesn't seem to be getting saved or, if it is, it isn't being reloaded when the window is reopened.
Fixed for v5.20

Steve

Offline darkevilme

• Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #216 on: August 04, 2010, 04:27:28 PM »
cannot create new game in aurora 5.14. Running game on new install of windows 7.
error reported is:
error in updategamelog
error 3201 was generated by dao.recordset
you cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'game'

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #217 on: August 04, 2010, 05:20:07 PM »
Quote from: "darkevilme"
cannot create new game in aurora 5.14. Running game on new install of windows 7.
error reported is:
error in updategamelog
error 3201 was generated by dao.recordset
you cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'game'
Have you run the update database to 5,14 option yet?

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #218 on: August 08, 2010, 01:29:50 AM »
[spoiler:3txh9ldk]Found this using developer mode.

NPRs are wasting research centers by having more than one scientist research a tech at the same planet (or on multiple planets) with just the 1 research lab. Also, these scientists are then being queued with the same techs.

Is there a way you can check to ensure that they do not duplicate a research project across ALL planets with centers?[/spoiler:3txh9ldk]

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #219 on: August 08, 2010, 01:35:08 AM »
Quote from: "Charlie Beeler"
Quote from: "Andrew"
[attachment=0:1cinyyg8]tech error.jpg[/attachment:1cinyyg8]

The above looks OK, but I am sure that neither the Earth Defence Authority, World Free States nor China had Compact ECM-1, ECCM-1 or Small Craft ECM-1, ECCM-1. Yes the "Precursors" did but I eliminated all tech and they were certainly not created on the same planet as the others. :)

Fixed for v5.20

Steve

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #220 on: August 09, 2010, 02:32:27 AM »
great work steve.

ps.: ive show ur face on Facebook on PLO LasVegas...eheh are u yes?:DDD

Offline iamlenb

• Petty Officer
  • i
« Reply #221 on: August 09, 2010, 09:18:48 AM »
I'm getting Error 11 Division by Zero.  Dropped an Engineering Brigade and an Infantry Assault Battalion on a Precursor listening post.  Infantry Battalion died, so with no attack strength, I think the battle has come to a bit of an undefined state.

It's not a fatal error at least.  I'm dropping a whole Combined Infantry Division on there to take care of the problem.  Back to the game!

Offline iamlenb

• Petty Officer
  • i
« Reply #222 on: August 09, 2010, 09:22:37 AM »
Got another one.  Loading up the LCU.  FAC with a company sized drop module.  3 days into the 9 day loading process, the Marine Companies started losing morale.  Not sure if this is Working As Designed.  Maybe morale shouldn't be dropping until AFTER they're loaded?  I haven't checked to see if I can reabsorb the LCU task groups into my main TG and leave to get around the loading time/morale loss issue.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #223 on: August 09, 2010, 05:34:22 PM »
Quote from: "iamlenb"
Got another one.  Loading up the LCU.  FAC with a company sized drop module.  3 days into the 9 day loading process, the Marine Companies started losing morale.  Not sure if this is Working As Designed.  Maybe morale shouldn't be dropping until AFTER they're loaded?  I haven't checked to see if I can reabsorb the LCU task groups into my main TG and leave to get around the loading time/morale loss issue.
That is working as intended. Combat drop module are not designed to hold troops for more than a few days. Even during the loading process, some of the troops are going to be in the module. Don't forget you can equip the ship doing the loading with cargo handling systems to speed up the loading, or load the drop modules from a troop transport that has cargo handling systems.

Steve

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #224 on: August 11, 2010, 03:37:20 PM »
I received the following message

"13th May 2032 02:02:16,Sol,144th Engineer Brigade has recovered 29x Compressed Fuel Storage System on Titan, Xanadu City"

very welcome it was too, what it didn't say was I had discovered the tech as well. As bugs go one I can live with but I wouldn't have dissembled 29 perfectly good systems for no gain :?

Regards
IanD