Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 213959 times)

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #195 on: February 11, 2016, 07:30:13 AM »
Did you have enough workers to man those shipyards?
That sounds like an extremely plausible explanation. Though I had 500 million population on earth and no excessive other industry, I'll check what was going on.
Edit: a quick check of the wiki shows you're almost certainly correct. I'll just quietly delete both these posts.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 07:34:32 AM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #196 on: February 11, 2016, 10:17:14 AM »
Steve,

Re your reply no 180 of 07.02.2016 , I hope you can stop civilian colony ships from shipping colonists to a BANNED planet. A Construction Battalion at an Alien Ruined City has located 700 units of Infrastructure and  I am now spending every turn deleting orders from a dozen colony ships of different shipping lines who are trying to colonize the planet that I do not want colonizing. Another bug with this is that every time I delete an order for a ship with say 100,000 colonists aboard , I presume I have lost that amount from my home population and the colonists then  just disappear into the ether.

The only solution at present as far as I can discern would be to withdraw my Ground units from the planet and then abandon it. However I would then lose any further potential finds and as there are still 40 odd installations to find , I am loathe to do this at present.

DavidR

PS. I tried tempting the Civilian shipping lines with contract offers to collect Mines and Factories but because of the ban nothing happened. It was only after Infrastructure was found that the Civilian Fleet Colony ships decided to try and overwhelm the Planet with colonists. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 11:28:48 AM by davidr »

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2016, 10:51:23 AM »
Steve,

Re your reply no 180 of 07.02.2016 , I hope you can stop civilian colony ships from shipping colonists to a BANNED planet. A Construction Battalion at an Alien Ruined City has located 700 units of Infrastructure and  I am now spending every turn deleting orders from a dozen colony ships of different shipping lines who are trying to colonize the planet that I do not want colonizing. Another bug with this is that every time I delete an order for a ship with say 100,000 colonists aboard , I presume I have lost that amount from my home population and the colonists then  just disappear into the ether.

The only solution at present as far as I can discern would be to withdraw my Ground units from the planet and then abandon it. However I would then lose any further potential finds and as there are still 40 odd installations to find , I am loath to do this at present.

DavidR

You can just use the "ban body" button on the F9 screen, though this would only work if you have already set down the amount of construction brigades etc you want first.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2016, 11:20:10 AM »
Rich.h,

Yes , I know.

The planet was banned before any teams were dispatched to the planet . The civilian traffic adhered to the ban until the Construction Battalion found Infrastructure and now they won't stop trying to send colonists.

DavidR

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2016, 04:20:31 PM »
Rich.h,

Yes , I know.

The planet was banned before any teams were dispatched to the planet . The civilian traffic adhered to the ban until the Construction Battalion found Infrastructure and now they won't stop trying to send colonists.

DavidR

Since it is only 700 units of infrastructure you could always just destroy it so there will be no way for colonists to live there. Then ship some in when you are ready for the planet to be opened up to colonisation. Not ideal but I would imagine a lot easier than your current workaround.

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #200 on: February 11, 2016, 07:31:03 PM »
Not sure if anyone mentioned this bug. I went through first 3 pages not 14. <smile>

This is for multistart, once you research Ultra Fuel tanks the other factions end up with compressed fuel instead of standard Large.

The following users thanked this post: rcj33

Offline Catman115

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C
Planetary body gets stuck Terraforming.
« Reply #201 on: February 12, 2016, 12:56:28 AM »
Ok so trying to learn how this game works, still.    While trying to terraform Titan (shown in the picture below) I cannot get the temperature to go above -43.   2C.    So tried of failing i go to SM mode to try and do it.    Whilst fiddling around with the composition of the atmosphere i notice something odd.    The surface temperature will not change anymore even when i remove all of the gases in the atmosphere.    I believe this is a bug because isnt SM basically the debug mode/Cheatmode or whatever?

EDIT: Ok so i read the bug posting Guidelines and i missed a few steps, sorry.   :-[
One im playing a long game and trying to figure stuff out about tech, research and other thing so im basically playing in peaceful mode (IE all spoilers turned off as well as Starting NPRs, and not exploring anything) And im about 106 years into the game.   I am not getting any error report on my screen about this, i just happened to notice that the temp was not changing at all when i went to look through why the place was not getting any colonists after i SM modded the atmosphere to be habitable.   

EDIT2: Ok so after starting a new game and attempting to redo to the atmosphere of Titan yet again I cannot get it below 43. 2C no matter what, however as of yet i havent gotten the temperature to freeze either so IDK what is going on.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 02:54:14 AM by Catman115 »

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
Re: Planetary body gets stuck Terraforming.
« Reply #202 on: February 12, 2016, 05:23:30 AM »
Ok so trying to learn how this game works, still.    While trying to terraform Titan (shown in the picture below) I cannot get the temperature to go above -43.   2C.    So tried of failing i go to SM mode to try and do it.    Whilst fiddling around with the composition of the atmosphere i notice something odd.    The surface temperature will not change anymore even when i remove all of the gases in the atmosphere.    I believe this is a bug because isnt SM basically the debug mode/Cheatmode or whatever?

EDIT: Ok so i read the bug posting Guidelines and i missed a few steps, sorry.   :-[
One im playing a long game and trying to figure stuff out about tech, research and other thing so im basically playing in peaceful mode (IE all spoilers turned off as well as Starting NPRs, and not exploring anything) And im about 106 years into the game.   I am not getting any error report on my screen about this, i just happened to notice that the temp was not changing at all when i went to look through why the place was not getting any colonists after i SM modded the atmosphere to be habitable.   

EDIT2: Ok so after starting a new game and attempting to redo to the atmosphere of Titan yet again I cannot get it below 43. 2C no matter what, however as of yet i havent gotten the temperature to freeze either so IDK what is going on.

You are forgetting the limit on greenhouse factor, once your greenhouse factor hits 3 then you can no longer use the greenhouse effect to warm up a planet. Thus there is a very fine limit on just how warm you can make a cold planet. The formula for a planets surface temp is:

Surface Temperature in Kelvin = Base Temperature in Kelvin x Greenhouse Factor x Albedo Greenhouse Factor = 1 + (Atmospheric Pressure /10) + Greenhouse Pressure (Maximum = 3.0)

I am guessing this was done originally to give a reason to use things like the genetics labs as otherwise you could technically warm up any body in the universe to be a colony cost zero world. There are two other options though you can take in this situation, the first is simply increasing your colonisation tech level as this will reduce the colony cost across the board so that -42c planet becomes a little more easily lived in. The second option is to play around with the base gases to start with, reduce the amount of nitrogen and oxygen to the lowest possible limit for human survival. This will let you add in a little more greenhouse gases, but it will only make a tiny difference as the greenhouse factor is always a limit on this.

The following users thanked this post: Catman115

Offline Catman115

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C
Re: Planetary body gets stuck Terraforming.
« Reply #203 on: February 12, 2016, 06:11:30 AM »
Quote from: Rich. h link=topic=8144. msg86373#msg86373 date=1455276210
You are forgetting the limit on greenhouse factor, once your greenhouse factor hits 3 then you can no longer use the greenhouse effect to warm up a planet.  Thus there is a very fine limit on just how warm you can make a cold planet.  The formula for a planets surface temp is:

Surface Temperature in Kelvin = Base Temperature in Kelvin x Greenhouse Factor x Albedo Greenhouse Factor = 1 + (Atmospheric Pressure /10) + Greenhouse Pressure (Maximum = 3. 0)

I am guessing this was done originally to give a reason to use things like the genetics labs as otherwise you could technically warm up any body in the universe to be a colony cost zero world.  There are two other options though you can take in this situation, the first is simply increasing your colonisation tech level as this will reduce the colony cost across the board so that -42c planet becomes a little more easily lived in.  The second option is to play around with the base gases to start with, reduce the amount of nitrogen and oxygen to the lowest possible limit for human survival.  This will let you add in a little more greenhouse gases, but it will only make a tiny difference as the greenhouse factor is always a limit on this.

Oh, ummm well i learned something then.   :-[ Sorry for bothering you.

Offline jem

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • j
« Reply #204 on: February 12, 2016, 02:11:46 PM »
This one is an interesting one. You cant copy assignment if the assignment is to not shoot missiles in pd mode. You can switch to other modes (like 2/missile -> 2/missile) but not turn it of.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #205 on: February 12, 2016, 02:27:54 PM »
I have been using my sorium harvesting fleet as test fodder, for the damage allocation system. After a few explosions I start receiving:

Error in CheckFleetSpeed
Error 91 Object variable or with Block not set.

Offline JesDer

• Leading Rate
  • J
« Reply #206 on: February 13, 2016, 02:15:29 PM »
 "No new technology was discovered during the disassembly of this component" message windows being displayed to the player when an NPR disassembles a component. 

Offline ArchRylen

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2016, 07:06:27 PM »
I just fought an NPR, picked up prisoners, learned about a new system, and when I open the Galactic Map I now get the message "ERROR: WP Link not found in GetWarpPointData". If I click OK, I get a box titled "Error in DisplayWP" with the text "Error 5 was generated by Aurora" (and a bit more.) I push OK twice and get to see the map. However, when I move the focus or close and re-open, it does the same glitch.

The new system supposedly has a link to an existing one. However, that link is from the new and does not backtrack. I've tried adding another with SM but have not gotten that to work yet.

This problem has cropped up before -- here and here (where Steve tried to fix it.)

Any chance of either a solution or a work-around? Thanks.
(Save available.) I'm playing version 7.1.

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #208 on: February 14, 2016, 05:24:33 AM »
"No new technology was discovered during the disassembly of this component" message windows being displayed to the player when an NPR disassembles a component.

Just an idea but do you have a research type treaty with them or at least a DR high enough to have one? Perhaps they have offered to share research data with you but when they gained some tech from that salvage you were beyond that tech level already.

Offline Thineboot

• Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #209 on: February 14, 2016, 08:29:11 AM »

Technology "Thermal Reduction: Signature 25% Normal" should read "Thermal Reduction: Signature 24% Normal" unless all calculations within Create Research Project are wrong.
I assume there were less steps in the past and it was simply an oversight to correct the text.