Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 210446 times)

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #330 on: March 26, 2016, 01:09:12 PM »
The Secondary Commander Name Themes percentages seem to change at random during the game. They sometimes even have negative numbers.

Ah, so that's how that happens. Could it be reusing those values to keep track of state information about which themes should be used next? That would seem like a lot of extra work for no benefit though.

Offline Noble713

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • N
« Reply #331 on: March 27, 2016, 04:05:17 AM »

Do you have a salvenger with orders to salvage the nearest wrack?

Interesting scenario, but sadly, my salvagers have no orders for now, just sitting at home. Here's another bug that just popped up. In the same game (still fighting the same combat in the WISE system) I just gave my Task Group of 6 laser-armed cruisers orders to fire at some ships at point blank range. Ran a 5-second interval and.....Overflow.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #332 on: March 27, 2016, 10:45:29 AM »
Research Tab: It is possible over the button "Compare" to transfer technologies from one empire to the other. Once you have selected empire A and B you can do the exchange via the "Give Tech" buttons. But they seem to be wrongly linked. The one which says: Give Tech to Race A gives the Tech to Race B and vice versa.

Offline Zook

• Commander
« Reply #333 on: March 27, 2016, 03:10:08 PM »
Can't verify it at the moment, but it seems that building a secondary ship class at a shipyard (one that the yard isn't tooled for but that is similar enough to be build-able) does not lock the class in the design window.

Offline rorror

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
« Reply #334 on: March 28, 2016, 07:48:36 AM »
Renaming the shipyard, gives a popup with an empty field to enter a new name.

It won't show you the old name, so you can't adjust it.
Renaming a TaskGroup, allows you to edit the name (the popup gives you the old name )

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #335 on: March 28, 2016, 07:52:28 AM »
Can't verify it at the moment, but it seems that building a secondary ship class at a shipyard (one that the yard isn't tooled for but that is similar enough to be build-able) does not lock the class in the design window.
Correct, and this is how it is supposed to be.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #336 on: March 28, 2016, 09:39:07 AM »
Correct, and this is how it is supposed to be.
No, it isn't.  That opens up the mother of all exploits.  Tool a shipyard for a very cheap FAC.  Copy that design.  Build a bunch of the copies.  Because the design isn't locked, you can then turn it into the superdreadnought of doom. 
I'm well aware that this can easily be duplicated using SM mode anyway, but I really can't see how you can claim that it's intentional that you can build an unlocked design.  In fact, I'm in favor of disallowing any unlocked design from being built anywhere, to cut down on other exploits/bugs.  Such as being able to build a large PDC with no bridge and no fire control.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #337 on: March 28, 2016, 09:47:29 AM »
No, it isn't.  That opens up the mother of all exploits.  Tool a shipyard for a very cheap FAC.  Copy that design.  Build a bunch of the copies.  Because the design isn't locked, you can then turn it into the superdreadnought of doom. 
I'm well aware that this can easily be duplicated using SM mode anyway, but I really can't see how you can claim that it's intentional that you can build an unlocked design.  In fact, I'm in favor of disallowing any unlocked design from being built anywhere, to cut down on other exploits/bugs.  Such as being able to build a large PDC with no bridge and no fire control.
It builds the design as it exists when you click "Build" so if you change it during the building, it still produces the design when you click "Build".
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #338 on: March 28, 2016, 10:03:49 AM »
It builds the design as it exists when you click "Build" so if you change it during the building, it still produces the design when you click "Build".
No.  No it does not.  The characteristics of a ship are defined exclusively by the record you see in the F5 window.  If you go in and change what's in that window, it will change ships already built to that design.  If the ship is under construction, it will build as if it was the original design, but what comes out of the yard will be the new design.  Go and try it yourself. 
Actually, there's another reason to at least make the change Zook suggested.  I'm sure he stumbled into this because he laid down (or built) ships to a linked design, then edited the class because it wasn't locked and he forgot he'd already built some.  There are lots of good 'player protection' reasons to require designs to be locked before they can be added to the game in any fashion, be it Fast OOB, ship construction, or construction as fighter/PDC/orbital habitat.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline rorror

• r
« Reply #339 on: March 28, 2016, 11:15:27 AM »
Byron i think your right.

Its the same with a refit PDC btw.

Steps to reproduce:
- build a "pdc v1"
- make a copy 'pdc v2"
- refit "pdc v1" to "pdc v2"  (1.) design "pdc v2" is not locked 2.) you can't see where your refiting to at construction site)
- wait till refit is completed
- Alter the design "pdc v2" to lets say 20layers of armor.
- look at the already builde pdc;s, there armor did also increase (no cost at all)
- easy way of cheap upgrading your pdc's :X

So what Byron means, is that you can make cheap crafts first, produce them al, then upgrade them in the design with all the expencive stuff. And you can upgrade that instance for free..

Offline SenniTreborius

• Leading Rate
« Reply #340 on: March 28, 2016, 12:41:06 PM »
Don't know if this is a bug in 7. 1! Is it possibly related to the conventional start?

Can't load prefab PDC onto cargo ship with standard hold.     Can load and move mass drivers automated mines ok.   
This is the PDC (for use of its PPV only):

Atlas class Planetary Defence Centre    1,400 tons     25 Crew     53.    2 BP      TCS 28  TH 0  EM 0
Armour 5-11     Sensors 1/0     Damage Control Rating 0     PPV 24
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Spare Berths 2   
Magazine 24   
ICBM Silo (1)    Missile Size 24    Rate of Fire 43200
This design is classed as a Planetary Defence Centre and can be pre-fabricated in 1 sections

I get stuck on the task groups menu, when on loading the PDC I seem to be unable to select the PDC component type.   
The PDC Atlas components are displayed, but nothing happens when I click on them.   

Addendum: clicking on the Add Move button enters the command in the list, but I get a failed to load message.
Additional Addendum: Although I was able to build this PreFab PDC it does not appear in "Stockpiles"
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 04:16:56 PM by SenniTreborius »

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #341 on: March 29, 2016, 07:11:48 AM »
Transfering a Civilian Administrator one one Pop to another lets him disappear in the first but not wholly appear in the last. You can see his name in the search tab, but he is not displayed in the Officers list. Also the game throws some error messages out when you open it. Other than that the game still works fine but the Administrator cannot be selected to any jobs.

Offline rorror

• r
« Reply #342 on: March 30, 2016, 12:42:06 PM »
Something about displaying the crew moral. (or i look at it wrong)

The haversters where made as conscript.
The two screens gives diffrent moral %
--
An other example is a Tanker in Task Groups give moral 30%, when looking at the Individual Unit Details it shows 0% Crew Morale.
On other Unit's in most occations it shows in both screens the right %
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:48:36 PM by rorror »

Offline rorror

• r
« Reply #343 on: March 30, 2016, 01:26:18 PM »
Crew amount per engine count error or display bug or ...?

I made a test plane of 8 engines.
At the Technology Report screen, the engine needs 3 Crew to operate.
The same engine in the "Class Design, tab -> Component Summary". Gives an ammount of 24 crew for the 8 engines (24/8=3)
All still looks fine.
When i look at the Design View of the fighter, it needs 4crew in total (3 for the engine, 1 default for the craft)
But not the 24(+default=25) Crew it would need in the component summary

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #344 on: March 30, 2016, 01:28:40 PM »
Crew amount per engine count error or display bug or ...?

I made a test plane of 8 engines.
At the Technology Report screen, the engine needs 3 Crew to operate.
The same engine in the "Class Design, tab -> Component Summary". Gives an ammount of 24 crew for the 8 engines (24/8=3)
All still looks fine.
When i look at the Design View of the fighter, it needs 4crew in total (3 for the engine, 1 default for the craft)
But not the 24(+default=25) Crew it would need in the component summary

Fighter crews are heavily reduced.