Author Topic: stock market  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Rogtuok (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
stock market
« on: February 20, 2014, 07:31:58 AM »
Did a search and it turned up blank on this except under fiction.

Is ther any plans on implementing it were you for exempel can investera some of the welth in the shiping lines that start up or even invest in npr shipinglines that you are allied with. Also this civilian mining installation might get to be ther own companies that you can buy stocks in.
Ther are several expanding ides that can be used with stock market.

Story mycket english.

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
Re: stock market
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 05:21:24 PM »
I did a search and it turned up blank on this except under fiction.

Are there any plans on implementing, for example, investing some wealth in the shipping lines that start up or even invest in NPR shipping lines that you are allied with? Also the civilian mining installations might get to be their own company that you can buy stocks in.
There are several more expanding ideas that can be used with stock market.

Sorry about my English.
I'm not sure if I understood you correctly but you want to be able to invest, as a nation state, into a corporation. Not only that, but you want Civilian mining installations to become their own company. Is this correct?

While I'm all for the idea of having more complex companies and shipping lines, nation states usually do not "invest" in a business to see a return. They subsidize (which we can already do), loan, bail out, tax exempt, fine, tariff and sometimes 'Crown' (take public control of; I'm Canadian), but I don't think they invest in a business sense. They usually just tax them to get money (which we do in game).

I do however like the idea of civilian mining operations being run by a company, business or shipping line though.

Offline Rogtuok (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 05:38:41 PM »
Yes correct invest in the shipping lines and other things. Contries do actualy invest in companies. Ther are several ides we can ball betwine one anouther here. Why i actualy sudgest this is because under shipping line you can see devidence and stock price. But more ides and some discution about it from more people is nice.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 03:35:14 AM »
Yes correct invest in the shipping lines and other things. Contries do actualy invest in companies. Ther are several ides we can ball betwine one anouther here. Why i actualy sudgest this is because under shipping line you can see devidence and stock price. But more ides and some discution about it from more people is nice.

Invest and subsidize are two VERY different things...

Investing is basically lending money expecting them all back and more in return, Subsidizing is giving away money for free!

Offline Rogtuok (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 05:44:44 AM »
My misstanke should have notified that. But anyway more ides about it is apriciated.
Mabby it could be tied in to the financial center in some way like no stock exchange if you don't have a financial center and the number of centers instead of giving a wealth increase from your tax it is tied in to the amount of local firms and shipping lines in the system civilian mining corporation. The posbilities are endless.