Author Topic: CMC Question  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Maltay (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
CMC Question
« on: August 12, 2011, 01:00:59 PM »
I am playing a game as SM where I am simultaneously playing three different factions.  However, it seems that only the first faction, which was the original player race before I enabled SM, ever builds CMCs.  Is this just a trend particular to the game I am playing, or is it something that other people have noticed as well?  Quite simply, will the second and third factions, which I am also playing, ever build CMCs?

I looked through some of Steven's AARs, as he often plays multiple factions simultaneously as well.  In his games, it seems that only the primary, and presumable original, player faction builds CMCs.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Offline Napoleon XIX

• Petty Officer
  • N
Re: CMC Question
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 02:52:12 PM »
My current 5.42 game has two races I control. It is rather early so far, but I think the second one I created has got a CMC.

Offline Aldaris

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 02:48:41 PM »
Nope, I'm currently playing a 5.2 game with a lot of player factions, the two biggest ones are both building copious amounts of CMCs.

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 07:43:49 PM »
I am playing a 3 faction 5.2 game as well, it seems the primary faction has been building cmc a lot, but they also have a bigger population base. The other are yet to build cmc but it early in the game so we will see.

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 03:51:55 AM »
emm
What is CMC?  ???

Offline MattyD

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 04:07:42 AM »
Its a Civilian Mining Complex.

Just like shipping lines, civilian industry can build mines. These will be based normally on comets and asteroids and will provide money for you.

You can choose to buy the minerals they produce, there is a check box somewhere..... will edit its location in in a moment.

EDIT: On the Civilian / Ind Status Tab (F2)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 04:10:05 AM by MattyD »
My Newbie AAR

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 04:19:07 AM »
Ok, I knew they made mining outposts but I just didn't knew what everyone meant with CMC.
I never actually seem to get these. But that probably just me with my bad luck..

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 06:40:08 PM »
Ok, I knew they made mining outposts but I just didn't knew what everyone meant with CMC.
I never actually seem to get these. But that probably just me with my bad luck..

CMCs are only generated occasionally, and require an in-system imperial pop (10m+?), and a surveyed body with minerals that doesn't already have an imperial colony (populated or otherwise) attached to the body.  I ususally see them emplaced in the comets  & asteroids - largely as I tend to mine the better areas fairly quickly, but the comets are often too difficult.  Note particularly that if you send a geosurvey team to a planet to see if there are any extra resources not found by the ship survey, then you will have created an unpopulated colony that will cause the CMCs not to use that body unless the colony is removed.  If there is already a CMC on a body then adding an imperial colony has no effect - the CMC will continue to work and may grow as normal.
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline Sloshmonger

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 12:29:13 PM »
Since I recently did some digging on this, i can give a quick answer:

1) CMCs appear based on a random number generated every production cycle, from 1 to 1,000,000.  If that number is less than the civ's annual income, a CMC is created.  The systems with pop 10M+ are ranked in decending order, so most populated system has first chance.  It's a 50% chance that the CMC will be in most populated system; If it isn't, it's 50% for second most; that fails, 50% for third most, etc.

2) CMCs are placed on surveyed system bodies within 80AU of the system primary.  Minimum minerals for a CMC to be emplaced are a supply of either Sorium or Duranium of 15,000 and 0.7 accessibility, but 25,000/0.8 are checked first.