Author Topic: Splitting a Taskgroup  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Caplin (OP)

Splitting a Taskgroup
« on: May 26, 2014, 10:08:23 PM »
Hi ALl,

I'm trying to get back into Aurora after a couple years of more or less complete absence, and find that I've forgotten quite a lot. This in edition to the new changes in version 6.x will probably require that I ask some basic newbie questions to get back up to speed.

My first newbie question is about splitting a task group into individual ships, for surveying. I have three geosurvey ships in  the default survey TG. Is the only option to split them to detach each one individually and give them all the same default and conditional orders? I'd hope there would be a way to separate all of them and have them inherit whatever survey TG's orders are without needing to do it individually like that.

Any info would be appreciated. :)

Offline NihilRex

• Lieutenant
  • N
Re: Splitting a Taskgroup
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 10:55:30 PM »
Go to the special orders tab.  Select one ship in the list on that tab.  Hit Divide Fleet.  Profit

Offline Cheet4h

• Petty Officer
  • C
Re: Splitting a Taskgroup
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 01:58:27 AM »
Another thing you can do is setting up the main task group with the default orders and then, to survey a new system, select the jump point to the system and use the "Jump and Divide" option. Automatically splits the taskgroup into single-ship-groups, inheriting the original fleets orders.