Author Topic: Changing fonts?  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Texashawk (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
Changing fonts?
« on: February 14, 2014, 12:02:41 AM »
Just curious if it is possible to change the primary font in-game. I am aware that it is a VB6 base and the font choice is probably hardcoded into the program but a man can dream...

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Changing fonts?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 02:29:29 AM »
Just curious if it is possible to change the primary font in-game. I am aware that it is a VB6 base and the font choice is probably hardcoded into the program but a man can dream...

No, it's not possible. It isn't that difficult to give you the option to change font. It's considerably more difficult however to move all the controls on all the windows to handle different types of fonts. The same word can be different lengths in different fonts.

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 03:17:20 AM »
No, it's not possible. It isn't that difficult to give you the option to change font. It's considerably more difficult however to move all the controls on all the windows to handle different types of fonts. The same word can be different lengths in different fonts.

I would so love to see this, especially for size. The fonts are a bit small and my sight is not very good for small things, heh. I do understand the difficulties though, so I suppose this is a low priority thing. Maybe for the (eventual) future rewrite in c?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 12:54:06 PM »
You might be able to get something if you change the overall size of the windows fonts themselves. Not sure exactly where, but I think in the control panel.